No announcement yet.

Can Elmo ST-800 playback stereo sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's the switch above the volume control.

Comment

Yes, i saw that switch too above what looks like a track selector. If it can play back a stereo print will depend on the audio output options. If it has outputs for both track one and track two, to line out to an external stereo amp then yes all is good. However if it only has a single monaural output jack then no, even if the switch is in the centre position. Instead the two channels will be combined in to one monaural source.

Comment

Duplicate advice deleted. I didn't see there was a second page.

Comment

It is a track selector switch, on the ST1200/HDs its the same switch thats on the back, any Elmo twin track machine will have this switch!!

Comment

I think the image is a 600. The 800 has a longer green exit track where as the 600 is a stubby.

Comment

Correct!

-the image isn’t too sharp, but does say “ST-600M”

The ST-800 has a very tall exit chute to reach up to an 800 ft. reel. The ST-1200 does too, but it folds away to allow for a 1200 footer.

Comment

Yep, i see that.

Comment

Now I know.. it is indeed ST-600 after comparing through google image with other ST-600 with black finisihed. It was my mistake that always thought ST-600 with silver finished so when seeing this color my mind went straight away to ST-800.

i missed to see that switch track too.

So back to the square one... you need GS-800 for a stereo machine with 800' capacity.

Comment

Working...
                  X