Seeking the service/repair manual for a Sankyo Dualux 1000 projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking the service/repair manual for a Sankyo Dualux 1000 projector

I need to replace some parts and the user manual is not going to be enough. Does anyone have this in electronic form, or know where it can be purchased online? The only one that I can find is a hardcopy and has to be shipped from overseas...any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Brett
    Oldtimer Cameras here in the UK can provide printed manuals for the Sankyo 1000. Scroll down to the Repair Manual.
    I can recommend them. I use them a lot.
    Whilst this is overseas. You would be very pleased with it.
    Sankyo Dualux 1000 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

By the way what went wrong with your Sankyo? There isn't much in that machine so nothing much can go wrong. And even if that's really the case it's usually not too difficult to fix it.

Comment

Two current issues: The heat-resistant glass positioned behind the film gate and ahead of the shutter has apparently been discolored by heat, so it has a long, dark vertical streak that cannot be negotiated and wrecks the quality of everything that I digitize. I think that it would be best just to completely remove the cracked (or slotted/bifurcated, whichever it is) glass panel altogether, which should be okay because the LED kit that illuminates produces virtually no heat so its use is now moot...I don't think that I even need to replace it with anything. The second issue is that even with this unit's adjustable speed control I am having trouble beating the "flicker" effect, so I am considering replacing the factory-standard three-blade shutter with a newly-made five-blade shutter that the manufacturer ("Projector Workshop" out of NY state) purports to beat the "flicker" issue. But I am curious as to anyone's feedback on either/both of these issues as replacing the blade will cost about $200 for the item and another $200 for the labor, so I would very much appreciate informed opinions from any of you. "Please" and "thank you" in advance.

Comment

Maurice, thank you for that, I am ordering it now.

Comment

Hi Brett... Take a look at this old archived thread where I show how to remove the heat sink glass from the Sankyo 1000. It's a fairly long topic thread so keep reading down till you get to the part that describes how to get to the heat sink glass. The glass is actually in two parts so it appears to have a crack but it was designed that way to allow it to expand when it got heated.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=006637

Comment

Thank you, Janice...that's really very helpful!

Comment

Janice, I PM'd you...hope that was okay.

Comment

Working...
                X