No announcement yet.

Blackhawk: Green vs Silver box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for putting up that shot of the "Mod" box! I have "Sugar Daddies" ... with no original box! That's how I got it, in a Blackhawk box for "Adventures of the Wrong Santa"!

Comment

So that's the psychedelic box, lol? I never would have given it that moniker.

Shorty, you can have all my old Blackhawk catalogs, but you will have to pry them from my hands when I'm in the coffin, hopefully not for another 30+ years, though. Oh yeah, I have pretty much a complete run from early 1974 through 1982. I have 2 copies of a lot of them, too, since sometimes my grandmother who lived with us would buy films for me using her name, so we would get 2 catalogs in the mail. But I'm still keeping them all. They definitely didn't use acid-free paper, though. They are brown, and when I flip through them some start to fall apart in my hands. Also, in the 70's I would clip out pics with descriptions of what I had and paste them to my wall so guests could choose what they wanted me to show. So now I use that Hugh Hefner site that houses them, for my research purposes. Who would have ever thought Hef was a Blackhawk aficionado? Didn't think he had the time with all his, ummm, other "hobbies".

Comment

Hef was a collector...can't image what his film collection was like or where it went...I have riffed through the site, researching titles I still need (23), and you can always order from Bags Unlimited to preserve those paper bulletins as best as possible

Comment

Working...
        X