No announcement yet.

(One More) Filmguard Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If using any film cleaning product use as little as possible. Avoid all skin contact with the fluid. Wear disposable water resistant gloves to avoid any absorption into your skin from the cleaning cloth. Use in a well ventilated room with windows open. Restrict your time exposure to 20-30 minutes. Maybe even wear a mask when applying . Unless it is dirty or scratched or jumpy don’t bother ever cleaning any film.Your health is more important than any film.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee McCaffrey View Post
      Interesting that the above article makes a point of not mentioning a single 'harmful' product by name. How does this help anyone reading the article, how are they supposed to know which of their cleaning products is harmful and what would be safe to use in its place? If the author is confident in their findings they would gladly share the harmful brand names as a public service to fellow collectors.
      I thought the same.

Comment

Is Filmguard known to be non-toxic?

Comment

Wasn't Filmguard created, and tested some time back in the 90's? I would think by now if Filmguard caused VS to accelerate, we would have seen these issues after 20 some years. I use it on all my prints, and they definitely play smoother, and seem to stay more pliable.

Comment

An important thing to remember is don`t press too hard on your cloth or many cleaners as thinner than Filmguard will scratch. ( can be badly too, usually show as moving lines )

Even applying Filmguard will if not enough is on the cloth, so more on then some off gentley is better.

But this is really more about the thinner cleaners, you really need to be careful with those re pressure and keeping the cloth wet enough if you will too.

In my own experience Filmguard is the cleaner least likely to suffer in this way.

Best Mark.

Comment

by the way,
              what do you think about using zip-lock bags for movies?
              Would they help to preserve themselves better?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	51rxqVnBtJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	51046

Comment

Not for Acetate prints prints, they need to be able to breathe.

Polyster prints would be OK.

Card boxes are as good as anything really.

Best Mark.

Comment

Not for Acetate prints prints, they need to be able to breathe.

Polyster prints would be OK.

Card boxes are as good as anything really.

Best Mark.
                  Thanks Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X