Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this be removed from a Eumig Projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominique De Bast
    replied
    Shane, I don't know about this glass but if you need in some exceptionnal occasions (because it's not recommended on the long go), you can change the voltage selector. Since you live in the US, what follows has be adapted : in Europe, before (I think) 1986, the standard voltage was 220 v. So, as already explained in other threads, you may already know that, the voltage selectors of the projectors were set on 230 v or 240 v to save the lamp. On the Eumig, you can set it on 220 v, so when 220 was the norm, you could increase the light without really risking anything by using the 220 v machine on the 220 v domestic electrical net. Now, the voltage coming from the wall is 230 v (and, I think 240 v in the UK), so by putting the selector on 220 v (230 in the UK if I'm correct by assuming they have 240 v, there), you get a (slightly) brighter lamp (that will last less longer than normal). Some people say it's not a problem to put an extra 10 v on the projector, but I personnally think that if all the makes used to set their projectors on a higher voltage that the actual one, they was probably another reason that just trying to extend the bulbs lives (but I may be wrong).

Leave a comment:

• Shane C. Collins
    started a topic Can this be removed from a Eumig Projector?

Can this be removed from a Eumig Projector?

The Eumig Mark M Super 8 projector, I recently purchased, has a large glass cover, refer to photo below. I am wondering if it's safe to remove it to allow more light to reach the film? It really seems to hinder the light in some regards. I would assume it's there to protect the film when the selector is moved to the stop position, light on? Am I right in thinking this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220105_183654558.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	50961
Working...
X