No announcement yet.

New Year Resolution Fail....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not kidding Joseph. Eumig made so many. Lee mentioned he has a Bi-Ton de Lux which is part of the 800 series. Well at least in my eyes. I think I have 5 710D's which are all different, livery mainly. The P8s have their iterations. Even thought I have stopped buying projectors in favour of media to project. There's still those nagging holes in my collection that need filling. The 701 and 709 are teasing me. But they're a pair!
    Stamps would have been an easier hobby!

Forgot to mention, Nick. Thanks for the offer on the 712. Just a little to late in the range. 😊 pm sent.

Comment

Stuart, both the 701 and the 709 are great machines! And both use the same vacuum tube amp too.

Comment

Just watched Erik's video on the Bauer T22 Joseph. As he states, he wouldn't have a Bauer in his collection if it wasn't made by Eumig. A 709. I like the idea of both as you mention. They're valve amps. The 701 is super 8 only (single too). It's also began in 1966. The year I was born. So, sentimental if you like that sort of thing. The 709 though draws me a lttle more as it's dual gauge. It also has a little novelty, I think, in having S and N. As I mentioned earlier, the gauge naming convention is a little confusing for new users. It's quick to resolve but confusing.
        For example "this can playback both Single 8 and Super 8" that could be thought of as dual format. But isn't as Standard 8 is lacking. I'm guessing N is Normal 8.
        If it is then I could use that to help guide new users whilst mentioning gates.
        I think it was an advertising ploy back in the day to write Super 8 Single 8 Standard 8. Tri gauge 8mm/9.5mm/16mm and have a Ricoh TriScope. I just need to make sure I don't add to any confusion, if any.
        I also like the design of the 701/709 with the smile for the film path. 712 too but transistor.
        I'll see what pops up in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
          Me 2 Arnau. Eumig (pronounced Oimig) 807D 1972 still works perfectly and in its box a little treasure of my childhood.
          Just watching a YouTube video by Petr Harmy "Retro Tech - Eumig Mark S 712 D 8mm Film Projector" from 2016. He talks about his involvement in despecializing Star Wars. Eastman prints vs Technicolor. Very knowledgeable in the subtleties. And yes, Oimig. 😊

Comment

Single 8 is the same thing as Super 8 as far as the projector is concerned. It was what Fugi used to call their film. I believe it used a different type of film cassette in the camera but the film is exactly the same as Super 8. I don't really know about film cameras so someone more into that aspect may chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

That's actually what I've got, cameras to aid the explination on gauge. A Eumig Super 8 and a Fuji Single 8. One each for sound and silent. I'm not 100% sure but I assume the audio offset on Super and Single is also exactly the same. I also bought a Standard (Regular/Double/Normal) 8 camera to show the difference. Just haven't got around to the video. Don't know enough.
              Edit.
              https://eumig.at/index.php?option=co...=98&Itemid=200
              The link has the Eumig Mark S as Super 8. 1964-70. However, it looks Standard 8 only. So this is as Joseph mentioned. The Mark S is either Regular 8, I guess, early 1964 then changed to Super 8 by 1970. 1965 being the introduction of Super 8(acetate) and Single 8(polyester(thinner)).
              Last edited by Stuart Budd; January 19, 2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Joseph you are correct Single 8 was the film format introduced by Fuji back in the 60's. The cartridge is much different than Super 8. However, both formats are the same once processed, and run in a projector. The first photo below shows the Single 8mm cart along side a Fuji camera. The second photo of course is a Super 8mm cartridge. The modern day Ektachrome 100D color reversal which I currently use myself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6a00d83452989a69e2011570c1f401970b-600wi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	52149

Click image for larger version  Name:	art_1770_1020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	52150

Comment

Working...
                X