No announcement yet.

Any difference between eumig mark M & mark 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh! First I thought just cosmetic changes. Chrome gone in favour of plastic caps. A new paint job. But wait, is 24 and 18 cast into the case? Are there any other changes you can note Erik?

Comment

Interesting to see the differences, on the later mark M the removable gates have an ā€œSā€ for super 8 on them yet it is a super 8 only projector. Eric, i see you have a good collection there, are there any eumigs you are still looking for ?.

Comment

Very interesting, I didn't know there were changes made to the Mark M Super 8 machine. I have the earlier version, and I like that design better I think. The chrome really dresses it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Moffatt View Post
          Interesting to see the differences, on the later mark M the removable gates have an ā€œSā€ for super 8 on them yet it is a super 8 only projector. Eric, i see you have a good collection there, are there any eumigs you are still looking for ?.
          Yes, about the gates, the older one has not got a red or white dot on the inching knob and a fixed rear plate on the gate. the later version has a standard removable gate and a red dot on the inching knob. i suspect it was cheaper to standardize the gates on all projectors regardless of it being a super 8 only or dual machine.

and notice the handle is plastic in the later version and the earlier had it cast on the housing. Plastic was probably cheaper then the little amount of aluminium more needed for the casting.

and yes Jason there are still about 50 Eumig projector i am still looking for and also a good amount of bolex, revue and the other brands that were rebadged eumig's

Comment

I forget, wasn't there a Mark S O and M, capable of playing both šŸ§² and optical sound films?

Comment

Interesting about the handles. I assumed mine was an early edition because of the paint scheme. But as you'll notice it has the plastic handle. My serial number is 2350407, so I'm not sure what year it was made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	original_71b3b1d5-cafd-42f1-9db8-e99fd1878a6c_PXL_20220106_184947974.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	54144

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Budd View Post
                Oh! First I thought just cosmetic changes. Chrome gone in favour of plastic caps. A new paint job. But wait, is 24 and 18 cast into the case? Are there any other changes you can note Erik?
                yes in the later version the 18 and 24 were cast in the housing and so it stayed when it evolved into the 700 and 800 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                  I forget, wasn't there a Mark S O and M, capable of playing both šŸ§² and optical sound films?
                  yes there was, the S O & M came in two version and i also have the Revue Lux 6006ML which is the same. i wouldn't be surprised if there aslo was a bolex version but i don't know the typenumber if it exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
                    Interesting about the handles. I assumed mine was an early edition because of the paint scheme. But as you'll notice it has the plastic handle. My serial number is 2350407, so I'm not sure what year it was made.

Click image for larger version Name:	original_71b3b1d5-cafd-42f1-9db8-e99fd1878a6c_PXL_20220106_184947974.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	54144
                    your is from 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Snel View Post

your is from 1968
                      Thank you Erik!

Comment

Working...
                      X