Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CineSea 21 Film Collectors Weekend - Postponed/New Date Announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CineSea 21 Film Collectors Weekend - Postponed/New Date Announced!

Please see post #11 in this thread for an update. The start date has been moved to October 2nd.

The 21st CineSea Film Collectors Weekend is fast approaching!

A weekend of film. That's really what the CineSea gathering is....A weekend packed with talking about, watching, buying, selling, trading film and film equipment in gauges from 8mm to 35mm. A weekend of hanging out with fellow film collectors, sharing your favorite films and film stories.

Starting with the Friday Night Feature screening on the evening of October 2nd and continuing with the full day/night event the next day, this will be the second show at our new location, the Shalimar Resort in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Feedback about the Shalimar, the staff and the convention rooms has been very positive and I’m looking forward to returning.

If you've never attended, please take a look at Claus Harding’s CineSea 20 photo essay, along with Steve Klare’s write-up about CineSea 19.

John Black & Shorty Caruso started CineSea back in 2009. They felt that the film collector deserved an affordable show (Admission is free!) to both promote camaraderie and keep this hobby going. If you have film or equipment to sell, dealer tables are available for only $30. You can rent as many as you like. Lou Franchetti and his son Louis will be there with stacks of film prints. To reserve a table you can email/PM myself or Lou. If you'd like a table please let us know, since they do go quickly.

Friday Night Feature: If you're going to join us and have a print you'd really like to show, we'll soon be asking you to list the title/format here on the Forum and we'll have an online survey to pick the winner. It was all about The Blob last time, as Lou Franchetti’s gorgeous 16mm print of the 1958 horror was screened. I had seen that movie dozens of times on TV, but it really came to life on a large screen.

The Saturday show starts at 10 AM and many, many projectors will be running non-stop and many, many films will trade hands right up to the dinner break. Speaking of dinner, we are trying something different this time. The group dinners have always been a highlight, however as our group got larger and larger, the dinners took longer and longer and cut into the Saturday Night Screening. So, there is now a choice. People can head out on their own or they can enjoy a catered buffet dinner in our conference area. We are still finalizing the details and we approximate the cost will be between $25-$30 per person. Please contact me (email/PM) if you’d like to join us for dinner.

After dinner, we start our Saturday night screenings, which have run as late as 2 AM. Bring what you'd like to show (under 20 minutes, please!).

If, for some strange reason you’d like to take a break from all that film, there's a beautiful beach just a block away and you can always check out the famed Wildwood Boardwalk and Mariner's Amusement Pier, open during the weekend. If you'd like to stop by Atlantic City, it's only 30 minutes away.

More and more people have been arriving on Thursday to help set up, go out to dinner and then screen whatever we feel like. If you can make it a day early, please come!

Shalimar Resort & Conference Center
    6405 Atlantic Avenue
    Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
    609-522-0609
    Website

Please mention "CineSea" to receive the following special rates on rooms:
    If you look here, you'll see the types of rooms.
    Room types A-E are $70
    1 Bedroom Townhouse Suites (T-1) are $80
    2 Bedroom Townhouse Suites (T-2) are $95
    Prices based on occupancy of 2 per room.
    Extra people are $10 per night.

Directions:
    From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to Atlantic Ave. Right on Atlantic Ave. Follow to Shalimar Resort on left 6405 Atlantic Ave.
    From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

CineSea 21 details:

October 2nd, Friday
    3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
    Early Bird Start!

7:00 PM
    Friday Night Feature Screening

October 3rd, Saturday
    10 AM – 4:00 PM, dinner break, continuous screenings late into the night.

October 4th, Sunday
    10 AM - Noon
    We'll be packing up, so this is the last chance to add to your film collection!

There is no admission charge for CineSea. Please join us!

Can't wait to be a part of this and for the voting to begin on the Friday Night Feature!

Comment

I'll be reserving a room soon

Comment

Booked my room two weeks ago. The wife and kids are joining me this time, so it could be a total disaster, but I'm excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Ruth View Post
          Booked my room two weeks ago. The wife and kids are joining me this time, so it could be a total disaster, but I'm excited!
          Glad to hear you are gonna come for the weekend!

Comment

My reservation is now comfirmed😀👍😀👍

Comment

I would love to go but I'm unable to drive right now due to medical reasons! This sounds like such a fun weekend to be apart of!

Comment

Just booked my room. See you all soon!

Comment

It's time! If you have a feature print you'd like to show on Friday night April 17th, please submit your choice for our Friday Night Feature.
                  You can do so here.

Doug

Comment

I will be nominating "The Three Amigos" as a Friday Night Feature - Gary S. is letting me borrow his print to nominate.

Comment

We were waiting to see how the situation progressed, however with the announcement of New Jersey going into near-lockdown mode and the Governor specifically telling people not to go the Jersey Shore, it is time to put CineSea 21 on hold.

We are currently working with the Shalimar Resort to schedule our weekend date in October.

Doug

Comment

The fall CineSea show will take place on October 2, 2020.

Details:

October 2nd, Friday
                        3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
                        Early Bird Start!

7:00 PM
                        Friday Night Feature Screening

October 3rd, Saturday
                        10 AM – 4:00 PM, dinner break, continuous screenings late into the night.

October 4th, Sunday
                        10 AM - Noon
                        We'll be packing up, so this is the last chance to add to your film collection!

Comment

Working...
                        X