Making THE BLACK HOLE a Digest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Baker View Post
    .....OK so is this thread about Making THE BLACK HOLE a Digest?
    Or THE BLACK HOLE TRAILER ??
    Please ,make up your mind , my fine feathered film shmoes .
    Personally I was just adding to what was originally available of this film on Super 8. The one on the Aristocats extract runs for just over a minute and a half, by the way.

Comment

I'd personally prefer a 600ft. There doesn't seem to be that much difference between a 400ft and a 600ft digest, price-wise. Some films work just fine with a letterboxed format. This one really does scream for scope, in my opinion.

Comment

I totally agree with You, Osi

This film in scope would be wonderful.

Comment

If I were producing it - I would shy away from a scope release because it would tend to LIMIT the folks who can buy it. Buyers are needed in order to produce these new releases on Super 8mm.

Producing a 600 ft version would also be doable. But again, talk is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post
            If I were producing it - I would shy away from a scope release because it would tend to LIMIT the folks who can buy it. Buyers are needed in order to produce these new releases on Super 8mm.
            For new scope prints, the best way to be sure to make it a non loosing money project would probably to make a kind of "pay bfore" system. Only Dave can calculate how many buyers he would need to make the project happen. The super 8 scope print would only be released if there is enough demand.

Comment

I think that the number of collectors who own a scope lense is highly underestimated, especially with all the scope features and cartoons that are out there, and if they can afford those pricey scope features, they can afford a new 600ft digest!

Comment

I would be happy to buy a 600ft scope print of THE BLACK HOLE

Comment

So am I 📽✨

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                    I think that the number of collectors who own a scope lense is highly underestimated, especially with all the scope features and cartoons that are out there, and if they can afford those pricey scope features, they can afford a new 600ft digest!
                    I agree with you. You would think so. But, as I posted on another thread about new Super 8mm digests in general - even what I would consider more popular titles than THE BLACK HOLE are likely not selling enough copies to break even. I can't even get folks to post on that thread why they think the titles offered aren't selling more copies.

I'm guessing that if enough interest was generated for THE BLACK HOLE and deposits were made so that a 16mm negative can be produced then moving forward would not be a problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X