Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have The Thirty Nine Steps Robert Powell and Nadia 1984

Comment

Wow ! I am really impressed with the responses. Please keep them coming!!

One more to the list....

From Russia With Love.

Comment

Be interesting to know how much Lethal Weapon , Shout at the Devil and Gorky Park have been edited as they had nudity and graphic violence in those movies.

Comment

My Star Wars is only the 400ft version Ozi not the full feature alas but the full feature does exist I need to run it beside the Ken films 400footer to see if there are any differences interestingly there's a pamphlet included that tells you the characters names and their lines through the movie. There was also a 200ft optical print released .

Comment

I did hear that an early BFCC that there were Disney cartoons made with optical sound for use in booth players (coin in slot) and the Goofy cartoon "Knight for a Day" was shown there from an optical copy.

Anyone know all the Powell and Derann short releases? I certainly don't.

Comment

Mike, since optical sound, airline features, were to be shown to a wide audience of widely ranging audiences, children included, they would often be edited for language and most certainly, for nudity. However, foreign releases often left much of the nudity in. I had a UK letterboxed release of The Man Who Would be King, and it had the brief nudity of Connery, and at times, depending on the release, much of the cussing would be left on, as in the case of "Sudden Impact". Sometimes, as in the case of Lethal Weapon, sometimes the substitutions for the profanities are quite hilarious! Gorky's sex scene was edited out.

Comment

Hi Osi , I know optical features were edited for airlines. The sex scene in Gorky Park would be mild to some other problems How did they show start Lethal Weapon? Never mind the violence and profanities. I think that’s why I avoided optical prints. Mind you I had Little Shop of Horrors new from Derann which I had striped and re recorded.

Comment

Lethal Weapon is like watching a different movie as they actually re-filmed certain scenes like the opening suicide leap to omit any nudity or drug taking!

all of the profanity is dubbed over and Mel utters lines like ‘let’s get the flock oughta here! ‘ however a lot of the violence is left in but the electrical torture scene is heavily cut back.

it’s so great to have an alternative to the usual R rated version shown uncut these days.

Shout at the Devil was heavily cut down as it’s the Roger Corman edited AIP version, most of the brief violence is cut including the death of the main villain Fleischer at the end so you don’t so him being shot by Barbara Parkin.

Again it’s interesting to see the shorter version as opposed to the restored complete version shown these days.

it’s all very un PC of course with both Ian Holm and Roger Moore appearing in blackface!

Comment

Brian is right! I have both Knight for a Day and Trailer Horn, both optical sound, both extremely sharp. I also have "The Jaywalker" UPA cartoon as well. As mentioned by another member, I also have two of those British travelogue/travel 200ft reels, as well as a 600ft part 2 of Thunderball and a 400ft final reel from "Winterhawk".

Comment

[QUOTE=Mark Williams;n56476]Lethal Weapon is like watching a different movie as they actually re-filmed certain scenes like the opening suicide leap to omit any nudity or drug taking!

all of the profanity is dubbed over and Mel utters lines like ‘let’s get the flock oughta here! ‘ however a lot of the violence is left in but the electrical torture scene is heavily cut back.

it’s so great to have an alternative to the usual R rated version shown uncut these days.

Must be a short movie.🤪

Comment

It's about one hour, 40 minutes, as, it fits onto three completely, to the brim, full 600ft reels and, optical sound film allows you to put 33 or more minutes per reel. ( Speaking of Lethal Weapon).

Comment

Film length is shown as 110 minutes so looks like 10 minutes have been edited.

Comment

High Anxiety (Mel Brooks)
                            Nate and Hayes (Tommy Lee Jones)
                            The Natural (Robert Redford)
                            Ultraman (edited TV episodes, Japanese audio)
                            Various Godzilla films (similar to long trailers, 100' reels, Japanese audio)

Comment

Only optical was a airline print I have seen, well I think it was is "That's Entertainment" number one, on a Pan Am flight from London to Seattle, end of January 1975 To be honest I only really watched part of it, as back then, I was not interested that much in musicals.

Comment

"World On Parade No.1" 400ft total including added second film. Items are:-

Kitchen On Wheels
                                Hotels Of France
                                Yankee Traders
                                WWII Fighter Planes
                                Nissan Drives Around The World

Plus:-
                                Ford Sierra XR 41 Sports Saloon
                                Hertz Rentacar
                                Bank Of America
                                Marlboro Cigarettes

This is a sort of international Pathe Pictorial. No doubt shown before a feature?

Comment

Working...
                                X