No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing on my theme of all singing.... all dancing....all colour (although maybe not quite perfect colour this time), tonight's offering in the Man Cave was as follows......

The King and I - 1x 50' Trailer - Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner

Showboat - 1x 100' Trailer - Howard Keel, Kathryn Grayson and Ava Gardner. Lovely colour.

An American in Paris - 1x 400' - Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron in her first film. I still need to see my full length version of this with optical sound.... when I manage to repair the projector!!

Singin' in The Rain - 2x 400' - Mr. Kelly again, this time with Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds. A bit faded but the colours are still there.

High Society - 2x 400' - Messrs. Sinatra and Crosby with a FEMALE Kelly this time! A very light shade of pink but still very watchable.

Comment

• The new Double Bill release from Ultra 8. I enjoyed both cartoons. Once again, fantastic to have them in French!

Comment

• The last couple of weeks have been all singing.... all dancing.... in glorious colour in the Man Cave.

Tonight I continued the all singing... all dancing theme..... but this time in black and white. It ended up being an almost completely Busby Berkeley night.

1x 50' - Yankee Doodle Dandy - Trailer

2x 400' - 42nd Street

2x 400' - Footlight Parade

2x 400' - Gold Diggers of 1933

2x 400' - Gold Diggers of 1935

Most of them had almost the same team of stars in them, Namely Dick Powell, Ruby Keeler, Frank McHugh and others.

Comment

Working...
        X