Viacom Features:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viacom Features:

I'm attempting to compile a list of all the Super 8 features released by Viacom. Can you add any to this list?
    Blue Hawaii
    GI Blues
    Paradise Hawaiian Style
    Fun in Acapulco
    King Creole
    Girls! Girls! Girls!
    Roustabout
    Last Train from Gunhill
    All in a Nights Work
    Don't Give Up the Ship
    Visit to a Small Planet
    Sad Sack
    The African Queen
    When the North Wind Blows
    The Adventures of Frontier Fremont

Wow! Such a good idea! I know so little about Viacom releases, any info will be a good thing.

Comment

Any info on the Viacom set up itself would also be good

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ged.

Comment

My first visit to the new site and my first post ever here! Hope you will be able to assist my inquisitive nature...

Comment

Hi Ged, Welcome to the forum! Super8Database lists "Viva Las Vegas" (3X400') as a Viacom release. I am familiar with the MGM/Ken Films release of this, and wonder if Viacom re-issued it at a later date. Sorry I don't have any further information.

Comment

Welcome, Ged!

Comment

Welcome Ged! What took you so long?

lol. Cheers mate!

Comment

Ged,

Welcome back!

Viacom released the Abbott & Costello film Jack and the Beanstalk in color. I believe they also released (along with a number of other companies) Abbott & Costello Meet Captain Kidd.

Comment

As some of you are aware I worked at Derann for many years (1965 till 2011, when it closed) I'm busy now on FB with my group Derann Vaults and hope that members here can help me sort out occasional problems.

Comment

Ged-I really enjoy your Facebook posts. I'm Galactic Raiders on Facebook, which is the name of my film.

Comment

You have a film coming out, Larry? Or has this been out for awhile? On Viacom, beyond the image quality being fairly average, not great, not bad, the only other thing I have noticed is that the color stock used was your average Eastman. Not terrible quick pinking, but it can be hard to find them with great color.

Comment

Ged,

Good to hear from you, the trouble with your question for collectors in the U.K. is the fact that mostly the Viacom prints had to be imported by individuals (although I remember Portland Films selling some, a few months before they closed!), and they came in those flimsy cardboard boxes, which never seemed to last very long, and as you know it can be hard trying to find out what distributor released each title from the leaders (if still their!), but apart from the titles already mentioned, I can't think of anymore, I'm not sure how long they were releasing on 8mm, but with no U.K. adverts, it's hard to judge, if I think of anymore titles I'll list them on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                            On Viacom, beyond the image quality being fairly average, not great, not bad, the only other thing I have noticed is that the color stock used was your average Eastman. Not terrible quick pinking, but it can be hard to find them with great color.
                            I have a Viacom print Osi that's on LPP; the image is really sharp and the colour still excellent. I also have a very red Eastman one; sharp but little colour left.

I wrote about my LPP print of The African Queen on the old forum:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=012191#000000

Comment

Still need info on Viacom themselves , did they have an arm set up just for this venture or did some else get paid to do it on their behalf and what lab(s) did they use?
                              Last edited by Ged Jones; April 08, 2022, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X