No announcement yet.

Viacom Features:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it that Derann didn't get hold of the negatives and reprint their releases?

Comment

No, Derann didn't even see many of the American prints new, only saw a few second hand ones.

Comment

Hi Ged, This is an advertisement from Red Fox Enterprises' September-October 1981 closeout catalog, so the titles represented might be the entire output of Viacom full length features. Click image for larger version

Name:	Viacom.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	57972

Comment

My Viacom prints were alway great. Last Train from Gunhill, African Queen and Elvis. Great colour no fade.

Comment

Your the lucky one then, Mike. It looks like, by that specific ad page, that someone at Viacom had a major Elvis fixation, but then, Elvis's death was still a fairly recent thing. Back then, it appears that films were marketed more on amount of footage than on how good the films were!

Comment

My Viacom "When the North Wind Blows" probably was a great print when new, but sadly I'm guessing it was stored in less than perfect conditions: it's what E-Bay sellers often call "warm". I also have the Derann "Wildlife Interlude", so I know what this film is supposed to look like. I'd love it if the whole thing looked that good!

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=4;t=000275

It's still one of my favorite movies and maybe once a year I project it a reel or two per night and enjoy it for several days.
              Last edited by Steve Klare; April 09, 2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ged Jones View Post
                Still need info on Viacom themselves , did they have an arm set up just for this venture or did some else get paid to do it on their behalf and what lab(s) did they use?
                Viacom has two histories, 2005 to 2019 and 1952 to 2006. You can find the latter's history at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom_(1952%E2%80%932006)

Comment

Greetings Ged! We are all fortunate that you will be available for our so many questions! I think Ed is more directly attempting to answer your questions by using Google but in absence of any reference to 8mm production it will require more detective work. One of our U.S. members must know who and where these prints were produced? Any box art out there? I will look at my leaders on my Viacom prints to see what I can come up with. Once again, Welcome Ged!

Comment

Box art on the films would be great!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	UntitledNorthWind.png Views:	0 Size:	756.5 KB ID:	58090

Comment

I have "The Adventures of Frontier Fremont", and from what I have heard from the person who I bought it from (in Spain), that it was not officially released in the USA. It is another rare feature from the Viacom folks, printed on Kodak SP, so it sadly has some color fade. This is another one of those feature films that was barely released on any format. It was released on VHS, but even this is very hard to come by. The quality of the VHS, audio and video, is incredibly poor. The image quality of the super 8 is just barely passable. Certainly not pin sharp, to be sure. My copy is still in Spanish, as, though I have a copy of the VHS tapes, I haven't been able to sync it for a rerecord. A shame, as, in my opinion, (and as a lover of Grizzly Adams), Frontier Fremont has a better story line.

Comment

The cover to G.I.Blues. Not the best one around but the best we have on this thread at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09781 (2).JPG
Views:	409
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	58103

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	zflo0l7no0y2r98gfvmsqieikobc.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	58256 Cover art for Viacom release of Visit to a Small Planet. Still need to look at the leader for any other clues...

Comment

Viacom's Jack and the Beanstalk cover

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack & the Beanstalk A&C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.5 KB ID:	58278

Comment

Just brilliant Douglas, thanks to everyone for the covers.

Comment

Working...
                                X