Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yashica 8P3-RS AUTO projector

Hi this is my first post on this forum :

I am desperately looking for a manual/repair manual on the Yashica 8P3-RS AUTO projector (there seem to be many models with same P/N)

Then a few questions :
    • It seems with my model one does not have to change sprockets for 8 / super8 film selection ?
    • I see there is a lubrication chamber in the device, What is used as lubricant ? cosmoline ?
    • There is a small flat round glass lens ~10mm (broken in 2 parts) that was loose inside the housing. I guess this goes between lamp and film on the "still" selector frame. It shows signs of overheating. Probably reason for cracking in two parts !. ?
    • The purpose of electric contact feedback from 8 / super8 selector switch (speed change, frequency change, voltage change) ?
    Any help on above most wellcome

Jacobus
    Have a look at this website. It talks about the gauge change and can also supply an Instruction Manual in English.
    Yashica 8P3-RS Auto – Spare Part Finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

The small round glass lens is in two pieces by design. It was to prevent the heat from breaking the glass. Projectors that have a still feature will frequently have a similar split glass. I had this on my Sankyo silent projectors and decided to remove it. I have never found a reason to use the still feature where the heat builds to a degree that can burn the film.

Comment

Thanks all for responding to my questions

Comment

Working...
        X