Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projector power connector advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector power connector advice please.

Hi all I recently bought a projector without a power lead,I assumed wrongly that it would be a 3pin kettle type connector but it's not,this is a picture of the one fitted ​ Apologies for the picture quality it looks like a C8 socket but is too big to take the c7 figure of 8 type plug any advice would be appreciated.Russ

Unfortunately the picture does not appear in your post.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220731_120258.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	64150 Thanks Brian,here's another try.

Comment

Russ
        Sorry that I can't help with a socket lead.
        However, it appears that this model, as shown, is for 110volt AC 60hz only. As such, it appears that it cannot be used on UK mains.
        Even if you can locate a suitable transformer it will not run at the correct speed/s because it's for 60hz mains whereas, here in the UK our mains are 50hz, at 230volts.

Fuji Fujicascope SD-25 Stereo Projector - Super8wiki

Comment

Hi Maurice,under the back cover it can be switched to either 50 or 60hz,there,s also multiple power option changes that can be done by switching the wires to the correct terminals.if I can't locate the correct lead I'll change the socket to a kettle type.

Comment

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=010398#000001

The above archive thread might be helpful Russ.

Comment

Thanks Janice that's very helpful .Russ

Comment

Russ
                The information on the inlet is rather misleading. I am glad it has internal switching for UK use.
                You are very wise to replace the inlet with the standard IEC (kettle) 3 pin inlet. This way you can have an earth connection.
                Kettle Plug Male Socket 240V 10A IEC Chassis Mount Screw Hole 3 Pin 320 C14 250V | eBay
                Last edited by Maurice Leakey; July 31, 2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X