Gremlins S8 Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gremlins S8 Question!

Greetings Super 8 friends! I hope the week is meeting you well.

I know Gremlins is a S8 600x2 digest that was made available some time ago, and I'm sure there are many like myself that would like to own it someday, but I was wondering if anyone who has a copy would be willing to take some photos the next time you happen to view it and show the quality of the print?

I would love to see what the digest looks like on S8.

Thanks a bunch and wishing everyone the best.

Lincoln

Lincoln,

If you go to the 8mm Print Review sub-forum and check out the Index of Reviews, you'll come across a link to a Gremlins review on the Grand Old Forum. On the second page, you'll see that Burton was kind enough to post a few pics.

Comment

Thanks Douglas!

I looked on the print review and saw the Gremlins review, but I obviously didn't look well enough to see a second page.

Comment

Here's the link:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...4;t=000023;p=2

They always go for a lot of money.

Comment

Thanks Larry! I'm sure they do. I like to sometimes scour the old forums and try to discover what old movies might be on Super 8 that I wasn't aware of. A plethora of good information to be found there!

Comment

I bought a copy from CHC in May at a good price and am very happy with it.

Comment

not long ago, a couple of months ago, a copy of derann (2x600) in german was for sale on ebay, i think it went up to 400€. my budget did not arrive

Comment

As much as I love super 8, this is not a buyers market right now, it's a sellers market. I am quite thankful that nearly everything that I ever wanted on super 8, I already have.

Comment

Checking my copy bought in May this year it was £125, as I said a very good price. It depends here you buy and who from.

Comment

As with everything in this hobby, it’s the thrill of the hunt and finding it at a price you’re willing to pay! Those two variables don’t always match up, but when they do it’s a lovely feeling.

Comment

Greetings friends!

strange request, but I thought I’d ask here:

if I were to win the Gremlins Super 8 auction, would any of my UK friends be willing to ship it to me? I’d pay the cost of whatever you’d need. (This is of course dictated on if it doesn’t get outrageously expensive.)

I think it will end up going for more money than I’d be willing to spend in the end, but I wanted to ask in the chance I put down a bid.

Thanks,

Lincoln

Comment

Lincoln, it would be no problem for you to ship it to me, I'll gladly send it onwards.

Comment

Just like I figured, it was too much than I was wanted to pay. Thanks to everyone that reached out to me though! It was very kind of you.

Comment

I've just seen the final price - Ouch!!

I can assure everyone it wasn't my copy - it doesn't have the original Derann label for a start.

Comment

319 Pounds. Like I said it goes for a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X