No announcement yet.

8mm/super 8mm 400ft projector recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Shane about the Sankyo Dualux 2000H. Rheostat speed control is great for reducing flicker if you are trying to digitize film. Very easy and reliable projector.

Comment

Other than Sankyo dualux series, I've found that Yelco MP350 is the next best thing. It's principally the same as Sankyo but more plastic inside, hence might be less reliable in the long run.

https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...75&type=MP-350

Comment

Thank you so much for all the replies everyone. I’m more interested in silent but not limited to it

I’ve wrote down the names of all the models you’ve all kindly provided and going to see if there is a dealer within a couple hundred mile radius of where I live so I can see them in person first. As stated above, eBay is like a losing game of Russian roulette and I’ve been bitten once so don’t want to be bitten twice!

I’ll very very likely share here once I find one that suits my needs that’s in good condition, super excited to watch some old Charlie Chaplin the way it was intended but happy to spend some more time looking before buying one that potentially damages the film!

Comment

Eumig 610D with Lux f1.2 lens
          Easily projects S8 Std 8 film at the flick of a switch.
          Use Osram Xenophot lamps.
          End game.

Comment

Working...
          X