No announcement yet.

This is Scope 2 - Who done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it would have at least one generation of printing down from a feature and possibly from a digest and possibly more wear before the printing negative was made.

Comment

This is Scope 3 will come eventually. Always liked the snippet reels, snappy and fast flowing. My no2 a fairly late one bears the price £34.00

Comment

Well, I've learned something from this thread!

I've had "This is 'Scope" all along, even though the box is marked "This is 'Scope 2".

-it seems you can't even judge a film by it's cover!

(It isn't in the original box, though...)

Comment

Found the original box cover for number two, however I could be wrong, but I cant remember anything similar for number one, any thoughts anyone?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1180067.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	68926

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
            Found the original box cover for number two, however I could be wrong, but I cant remember anything similar for number one, any thoughts anyone?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1180067.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	68926
            Oh that’s great, thank you!

Comment

This is Scope 1 was a colour cover without a listingof contents. It is on the Super 8 database (no2 isn't as yet)

https://super8database.com/films/2305

Comment

I have to say that the print quality of the cover image does correspond perfectly with the quality of my Super 8 print

Comment

Thanks Graham for posting the boxart to No.2. Much appreciated.

Comment

Joachim, what is your YouTube channel? What is it's title?

Comment

Mine have been hammered over the years so a bit ago I did some new box art. These have been great reels when demonstrating Scope out and about and a good example of quality that can be gleamed from S8.
                      TIS 3 is needed and will probably feature T2 and others.

Have recorded a few of TIS2 into stereo for collectors, it makes a wonderful watch/listen particularly SW's.

Comment

A whodunit or whodunnit (a colloquial elision of "Who [has] done it?") is a complex plot-driven variety of detective fiction in which the puzzle regarding who committed the crime is the main focus.​

Comment

Also a TV game show, at one time compared by Jon Pertwee, in which members of a panel had to work out "Whodunit" Rather like murder mystery events.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                            Joachim, what is your YouTube channel? What is it's title?
                            Dear Osi, you may came across it already: https://youtube.com/c/off2Super8offoffKino

since April all my new videos do have English subtitles (well, except the last video, the super 8 trailer for the German Xanadu digest, because it is simply the - more or less - official cinema trailer), but many of the older interviews do have subtitles, too.

Comment

Yes, I have watched quite a few! Interesting to see that Xanadu trailer. Certainly rare!

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                                Certainly rare!
                                I have no idea, I bought this little reel in the early 80s in a photo shop in my hometown.

Comment

Working...
                                X