No announcement yet.

So mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The all-black lens is an interesting one: I'm used to them looking like the one in the middle!

Comment

It’s alive! 😁

It was an easy fix. The one complication was that I had to remove the flywheel to make it easier to manipulate the belt around the motor drive pulley. Still easy-peasy. Just one cotter pin to remove and the flywheel comes right off. I also replaced the other belt and saved the old one for a spare.

Thanks again to Steve Klare for directing me to a source of new belts!

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Gelmini View Post
        Go to Optitech on Lupine rd North Andover ask for John. A backyard neighbor for you and an excellent Projector Repair man you will enjoy going into the shop. Trust me.
        Late replying. Thanks for the reminder! I live in metro-west Boston, so at least 45 minutes drive time depending on the gawd-awful traffic. I fixed the Elmo myself, but I still have a Bolex 18-5L that needs a proper lube job, a Sankyo with a noisy amplifier that likely needs to be recapped, and another Sankyo I bought cheap that has dirty or defective switches that could use a good evaluation.

Comment

I lived in Falmouth on the Cape for 40 years. Once in a while a trip to "Baustun." Great meals and people in Southie. Never got a chance to pauk the cah in Haurvad Yaaaaad......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Gelmini View Post
            I lived in Falmouth on the Cape for 40 years. Once in a while a trip to "Baustun." Great meals and people in Southie. Never got a chance to pauk the cah in Haurvad Yaaaaad......lol
            I work in Govinment Centah near TD Gahden. Pahking sucks. Not nee-ah Havid Yahd, but there’s plenty of bee-uh at the bahs. 😂
            Last edited by Dave Bickford; December 19, 2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I still have some Family in N'Bedfaaad! (Grandmother was from Providence, Grandfather was from Fall River: delivered meat to Lizzie Borden as a teenager!).

One March, we slept on the Battleship with our Boy Scout Troop! (-Froze our BUTTS off!)

We used'ta love goin' to Baustun, especially befoawuh they closed Durgin Paaak! (There's a crime for sure!)

Dave, you are in striking distance of Southern New Jersey. Do you know about CineSea?

(Enter it in "search", there is tons!)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
                Dave, you are in striking distance of Southern New Jersey. Do you know about CineSea?

(Enter it in "search", there is tons!)
                Tons of hits on the search. Gotta go to bed super ridiculously early, but I’ll follow up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                X