No announcement yet.

Christmas Screenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're starting to get to the end of our Christmas cartoons. We watched the perrenial favorite, " The Little Match Girl", lovely tear jerker, along with the Coronet Christmas film, " The Littlest Angel", this one, fortunately, a Blackhawk L.P.P. copy.

Comment

Ahhhhh! Last night we decided to watch a slew of scope cartoons, and to top it off, we watched what I think was/is the last Christmas cartoon! Goodwill to Men! Outstanding, serious cartoon!

Comment

Paul, our local cinema is showing 'The Bishop's Wife' this week!

Comment

I really do need to go through my collection more often! I clean forgot my print of "The Christmas Visitor", a 1959 Halas-Bachelor cartoon, with very stylized graphics. I forget who released this, but for some odd reason, those who put this cartoon out, chose to start the cartoon after the intro to the poem "The Night B4 Christmas", and gives you most of the rest of the original film. Thankfully, my print is a low fade print and looks great! It's a shame that Pheonix Films, which did release a number of super 8 cartoons, (the "Mole" cartoons, for instance), didn't actually release this cartoon as well, as it was in fact released by Pheonix Films originally.

Comment

I think I put last night's showings in the wrong thread so will repeat with more detail here.
            "Mickey's Christmas Caro",l Derann, Agfa, great colour. One of those "I could almost believe it was 16mm" prints.
            Tom & Jerry "The Night Before Christmas", Film Office print on Agfa, good colour, not so sharp.
            "The Small One", Walt Disney Home Movies 200ft, Fuji from Buck Labs, Sharp, colour a bit pale but all there. (maybe a bit purple)

Comment

I used to have a Fuji of "Small One", and thank you for reminding me of what NOW may well be my last Christmas film! "Small One", was a transitional animated film for Disney. It was a parting from the ole school observance of religiously influenced Disney releases under Disney's influence, though he had passed on in 67, (remember, for instance, Johnny Appleseed?), as, Disney, of today, neverwould approach a judeo Christian themed animated film these days, one mocking God, yes,but not honoring, that ended with "Small One", it was also the last animated film that a young,talented and increasingly frustrated animator who directed and animated on, Don Bluth, who would, of course, leave Disney and start his very successful and memorable studio, which would exist until almost year 2000, (though still existing, he is not in production on anything), and if you look at various shots and scenes throughout "Small One", you see Bluth's definitive style displayed, so, yes, we'll watch this one, Christmas night!

Comment

Working...
              X