Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm 3d-printable cartridges and digital cartridges - progress

Hi all,
    I'm an occasional contributor here, mainly because I don't always have much to say.
    Earlier this year I posted about work I'm doing with creating CAD models for 3D printing cartridge shells, with both digital cartridges and film cartridges in mind.

I've had a busy year so it's moved in fits and starts, but perhaps it's time for a progress report.

I have a 3D printable Super 8 cartridge shell that's gone through a range of iterations, and now I've got a design which works. My prototype has a CMOS sensor and an ESP32 microcontroller board, and though it still needs a few tweaks to the sensor carrier it's starting to show promise.

I've also modeled a Single 8 shell by measuring Single 8 cameras. I don't have a real cartridge to copy. I think it's especially important to end up with a usable reloadable Single 8 cartridge because they're barely available new and those of us with Single 8 cameras might want to use them.

I also think I can (just) slip the CMOS sensor in the film gate of a Single 8 camera without modifying the camera. Watch this space.
    See attached pictures for progress.

I need to thank Tom Dennis for providing me an old Super 8 cartridge to measure.
    Attached Files

I probably also need to point out that the USB cable is purely for power because I've not fitted a battery to the prototype.

Comment

And here's a super-blurry and awful first image. https://mastodon.social/@JennyList/109588216023341224

Comment

I admire your work on this! Great good luck!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X