Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the make of your first ever 8mm projector ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first toy hand crank unt was a toy version of the Brumberger model hand crank battery operated then my dad got me a Argus dual 8 849 unit which had a capacity of 200’ reels

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post

Here is a video of the Thunderbird. It is actually a Brumberger which was re-branded.

I LOVED my Thunderbird ! But you didn't show the best feature - REWINDING!! You had to change the spring belt on the back and it would run in reverse. Primitive but effective. Good ol days!!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post

I LOVED my Thunderbird ! But you didn't show the best feature - REWINDING!! You had to change the spring belt on the back and it would run in reverse. Primitive but effective. Good ol days!!
        I also have 2 Brumberger projectors. My 16-year-old grandson thinks it's the coolest little machine. He's a lot like his grandma and loves old stuff.

​​​​​​​

Comment

My goodness Janice, I have never seen a projector rewind that fast! My GS1200 is a real slouch in comparison! Looks like a great little machine in all respects.

Comment

My first 8mm Machine? Kodak (new)
            My first 16mm Machine? Kodak (used)

-I'm sensing a pattern here!

Comment

There seem to be a lotta patterns here....haha Makes me want to get a hold of my original Thunderbird / Brumberger projector. That dude rewinds FAST!!!

It's just the image it projects is rather small...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post

I still have the projection lens from my Brumberger. It was made in Japan with chrome plated barrel and labeled "Brumberger 3/4" f/1.6". As I recall the motor in mine burned out. By that time I had acquired a used Bell & Howell 8mm with 400 foot capacity, so the old Brumberger was discarded (except for the lens).

Comment

A Eumig P8. Originally my Dad's.

Comment

My original was a toy. the first real one a Eumig Mk501 fixed focal length, as a review said the 18mm prime lens was better than the zoom

Comment

My very first projector was the Universal PC-500. Click image for larger version

Name:	Universal PC-500 8mm Projector.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	83435

Comment

In the early 80s when I first got into video, I was being asked about cine transfer and headed off to Dixon's and bought a Prinz. (No idea what it was badged from). Having been told it had an adjustable speed control and finding it hadn't, it was immediately returned (minus the film trimmer which I still have to this day). After a visit to Vic Oddens at London Bridge, I ordered a Speed converted 3 bladed Bauer and subsequently a two bladed custom modified Bauer for 25fps transfer. When the first Bauer developed a problem and was destroyed in transit, I got my first Eumig 822 from Tony at Buckingham.

Comment

Luch II. Standard 8mm. Oh the 1960s and proje ting film to my stage school friends. Great times. Still have the projector and camera kit boxed along with my little 50ft reels of memories.
                          Beware the Luch II which I would deem electrically un safe in todays world.

Comment

My first projector was the one my dad bought, the Elmo ST1200D and has been in the family ever since.
                            My parents were divorced and I was 7 when my dad filmed us and showed it along with some rented movies like The match of the century.
                            That ambianse grabbed me and I was immediately hooked.
                            When I was 14 years old, I borrowed that projector and converted my bedroom into a movie theater.
                            I rented films and put the film cover behind my living room window with a card and a light underneath: come and see this film for f. 1.50 So my neighbors and children from the neighborhood came to watch every now and then. Sometimes I had a room full of children.​

Comment

Actualy, from what I bought, it was this Cinemaster.
                              i know, it's a Toy filmviewer.
                              But what I did, was use it as a projector by pointing the light from my showbeam a flashlight slideprojector into the backpart what you normally point to your window and where you normally look into, I pointed to a white wall in a dark closet or to the ceiling of my bedroom at night.
                              I had a few filmcassettes I watched this way over and over again.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu van der Sluis View Post
                                Sometimes I had a room full of children.​
                                Do that today and you would probably have a house full of police as well ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X