Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Its worth asking as well particularly if its in your own country and the competition is reelly good for business. I'm guessing they may be servicing the machine which would be logical, nay sensible you can only guess. Hopefully soon as I have orders pending as well.
    Due to the cyber hit to Royal Mail I'm presently unable to ship International so thank you for your patience International collectors, another reason to have these technical services in your own country perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Deierling
    replied
    I am currently doing all the sound recordings for Dave Baker and Steve Osborne (Basically all the new releases). I can tell you that, although Alberto's striping is ok to mediocre quality) Alberto's business practices are fraudulent and borderline extortion. I wont get into details here.

The striping that Andec does (Through a third party) is excellent in its sound quality but is not without issues as well, causing scratches to brand new prints. The magnetic material used can flake off. My machine has a large amount of magnetic dust that needs cleaned out after every reel I record. They say they are working on the issue so I am hopeful it can be resolved.

Dave, Steve, and I all want you to know that we are aware of the issues and are working with the lab to make things right. We don't want to release subpar prints. We are now doubling our quality control efforts to ensure prints received are as described.

This is why I am asking if anyone in the states can do this (or has equipment they could sell me and I will do it!). It's getting too expensive and damaging too many prints, currently. If we want new prints to continue and keep this hobby alive we must find another solution. Or hope that the two companies offering it clean up their act.

I know I only have one release so far (Home Alone) but if this keeps up, I wont release anymore. I wont loose money because of other's mistakes.
    Last edited by Adam Deierling; January 18, 2023, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Osi Osgood
    replied
    The film lab in Germany has its own striping as well, but from what I understand, they can only do mono striping, which is OK by me. I haven't heard of any companies that provide striping in the USA, but if folks have they're own striping machines, they couldn't certainly clean up on the business, as, coming up with the stripe would've easy enough. Coming up with the right glue might be a little more tough, but it could certainly be done.

Leave a comment:

• Burton Sundquist
    replied
    Not to my knowledge. Service is provided in Italy though, by Alberto Vangelisti. His magnetic tracks bring super 8 sound into the 2020's

Leave a comment:

• Adam Deierling
    started a topic Sound Striping in the USA

Sound Striping in the USA

Does anyone in the USA do super 8 sound striping?
Working...
X