No announcement yet.

Replace takeup arm clutch gear on Elmo ST1200 and ST8000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, my fathers ST1200d prroector is stronger than ever.
    Rewinding a 1200" real needs a little help at the end, but now I can watch my 1200" reels without a worry.
    I love this forum.

Comment

Yay! So glad it worked out Matthieu!

I highly recommend investing in a small tool screwdriver like the one I have pictured below. It comes with several different tips good for making adjustments. Mine is also magnetized. I've had this one for years, but I'm sure you can find them on eBay or Amazon. Lots are sold for repairing cell phones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240206_175907120.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	95738

Comment

I do have a kit like that, but the small hex or allen seems to be out of shape.
        Maybe my father had adjusted this a few times already in the past without my knowledge.
        My parents were devorced and he loaned me his projector a few long periodsI used it continuously.
        I than called him for a new bulb.
        It also ones got damaged and fell upside down on the ground. The circuitboard broke and he replaced it. ​ (I was 14 years old)
        So this projector is my little time machine.

I had no time to watch a movie, but I winded and rewinded a 1200" reel and it goes really strong.
        rewinding needs a little help at the end, but I think this was always the case with large reels.
        It's like he knows the reel it almost finished rewinding and slows down, only too much.

Comment

Working...
        X