No announcement yet.

scope films / GS-1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X cinema lenses I use for both Super 8 and 35mm are 7 meter or about 23 feet from the lens to the screen and work fine. I have not tried them closer, but if your projection distance is around 23 feet or more it should be OK. The thing is, those old Scope lenses for a long while were going real cheap, in fact there were heaps of them during the change over to digital, but not sure if that's still the case though.

Comment

Reckon this would sort me out?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354734273...Bk9SR8rTgqmUYg

Comment

Lee
        I am not so sure.
        I cannot see any method of focus, nor such a scale marked on the lens.
        You could ask the seller.

Comment

Hi!

AFAI recall that lens is „fixed focus“. So it’s not the sharpest solution. On top, its rear diameter is very small (rear = part pointing to the projector, front = part pointing to the screen). Hence, it will reduce your usable zoom range.

Jörg

Comment

Lee,
            So, don't waste £200 on it.

Comment

I got a Kowa 8-Z for about 200 in the end! It works great when I hold it up to the projector!

Just need to find a bracket to hold it now (UK)

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6860.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	85487 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6861.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	85486 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6862.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	85485 Running isco optics 2x 35mm scope
                built a cradle to hold each one

17 feet throw

scope image 3 ft 2 inch tall x 8 ft wide
                gs 1200 standard zoom len opened up just a bit

just make sure the front of the zoom lens is as close to the rear of the scope lens as much as possible. If using a separate cradle device you will have to align left/right position to center on screen move the cradle not the lens

no issues
                Last edited by Chip Gelmini; August 17, 2023, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Lee, what was the film you bought, that started this search in the first place?

Comment

You can get yourself some „lab stand“ like this - but ensure that the clamp (that will later hold your Kowa) is large enough and can be rotated:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163244421567

Comment

I have been using an X cinema 35mm scope lens for years now, projected at a distance of 7 meter/23feet from projector to screen, at one point during the move from film to digital you could pick up one of those lenses real cheap. It does go to show though, you can focus down to at least 7 meter The same goes for my "Ernemann 2" 35mm projector same, 23 feet distance on that one as well.

Comment

Same distance of 23 feet

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                          Lee, what was the film you bought, that started this search in the first place?
                          Independence Day (1996)

Comment

Good title! One that definitely demands a good scope presentation!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170129_112916.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	85580 I prefer this Schneider Cinelux anamorphic Lens on my Elmo GS 1200.

Comment

Working...
                              X