Lost in Space pilot ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Space pilot ...

I already know that it exists, the pilot TV show. It's a 3x400ft black and white release, but for the life of me, I can't remember who released it. Does anybody know who released it?

Hello Osi, I found a review of it on here, could it have been Red Fox? One i would like to get my hands on 16mm or super 8,
    I cant recall seeing one for sale in my ten years of collecting although I have seen one or two episodes come up on 16mm.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=4;t=000615

Comment

John,

Yes, Tom was quite lucky to come across that fairly rare title, especially at such a great price.😀

Osi,

That first episode of the show was released by the company "Reel Images", based out of Connecticut.

Comment

Thanks Doug! BTW, you are referring to the original super 8 company from the 70's into the early 80's, and not Steve O's company?

Comment

It's Reel Images from the 1970s, which has no connection to Steve's current The Reel Image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Reel Images 78 - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.3 KB ID:	85798

Comment

You have the catalouge Doug!! What other goodies are in there i wonder?

Comment

I have a few of they're releases! It looks as if they made it into LPP years, as I have a few of they're cartoons, and they're LPP.

Comment

While there's lots of interesting films, this particular catalog doesn't list the Lost In Space print.

Comment

Reel Images had this quirky habit of releasing things that seem to make no sense, but it just happened to be something that the owner somehow got a kick out of. One that I is a little minute long animated seasons greetings, with a person playing the violin to birds up in a tree. While it was a little memorable, the source material was so incredibly scratchy, it was like, what's the point ...but they released it, just the same.

Comment

I have that Reel Images release in both Super 8 Sound and in 16mm from the same negative. I would have to re-screen both of them but if I remember correctly one has the segment at the end where it goes into a dilemma and ends with "to be continued next week" and the other print does not have it. And neither print has the 20th Century-Fox Television logo at the end. The source for the printing negative was no doubt a 16mm print but the quality is excellent.

Comment

so the pilot was released as well? I have the 3 reel first episode "the reluctant stowaway"

Comment

Is that the selfsame pilot episode? I don't remember any other episodes being released.

Comment

I believe that "The Reluctant Stowaway" is the only Lost In Space episode available in Super 8mm. This was the first episode of the series. The pilot, "No Place to Hide", was made in 1965 but was not broadcast till 1993! It was directed by Irwin Allen and did not include the robot or Dr. Smith.

Comment

Working...
                          X