Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New super 8 christmas film release 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New super 8 christmas film release 2020!

I'm sure this news will lighten our moods.

Later this year we are going to see the S8 release of a NEW Christmas Trailer reel, a double bill in fact. I've often felt we have been devoid on any new seasonal material for so many decades but this is set to change. The wheels are in motion and I will update on this forum as I hear more but its certainly a very exciting prospect and will bolster our ever popular yuletide film screenings.
    I will announce the titles once set in stone.

Great news !

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
      I'm sure this news will lighten our moods.

Later this year we are going to see the S8 release of a NEW Christmas Trailer reel, a double bill in fact. I've often felt we have been devoid on any new seasonal material for so many decades but this is set to change. The wheels are in motion and I will update on this forum as I hear more but its certainly a very exciting prospect and will bolster our ever popular yuletide film screenings.
      I will announce the titles once set in stone.
      Nice one Lee

Comment

Lee,

I'm looking forward to it!

Doug

Comment

Excellent news .

Comment

The only Christmas trailer reel that I have in my collection is the one of White Christmas, and being the first film ever in VistaVision it is really excellent. So I am definitely interested in adding some more Christmas trailers.

Comment

Can't wait to hear the titles, great news.

Comment

Thank you all for posting and the enthusiastic response. I've also had a good number of emails and some phone calls and even texts so I am sure this will be a hot seller later this year. Those who subscribe to The Reel Image will read more as things progress but it is going to happen.
                Who knows, you may even see a brand new 200ft advert reel yet also something we have been devoid of for a few years.

Comment

Good news for sure, Lee, looking forward to hearing more details.

Comment

Put me down for this, Lee, great work!

Comment

There's very few Christmas films that I would want to see a trailer for. It's a wonderful life" might be a good one, coupled with 1951's "A Christmas Carol" and to round it out ... "Miracle on 34th street"

That sounds like a GOOD reel, albeit, in black and white.

Comment

You'll have to wait for Reel Image to announce the two excellent colour titles BUT I'm also filming a S8 short on negative cut to music, very snappy and a little bit like Reflections but S8 linked. Have spoken to SteO and fingers crossed it will make a release this year.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Copyright 2020 LM.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	10450

Comment

'sounds great, Lee!

(Who would have thought there would still be something to look forward to in Super-8 in 2020?)

Comment

A quick update. The Christmas Trl reel is all going ahead nicely and to plan from ReelImage.

The camera negative for my own 'FILM' short programme intro is now away being processed. The content set to snappy music will make an ideal intro to your home film screenings and being shot on Neg should be pretty sharp when printed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                              The camera negative for my own 'FILM' short programme intro is now away being processed. The content set to snappy music will make an ideal intro to your home film screenings and being shot on Neg should be pretty sharp when printed.
                              Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think Lee could make history here, as I can't think of any Super 8 release that originated from Super 8 negative stock?

Comment

Working...
                              X