Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New super 8 christmas film release 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready for it - Shorty

Comment

Out of the upcoming releases, I'd certainly be interested to see the results of a Super 8 print originating from a Super 8 camera negative
      Last edited by Iman Yahya; June 09, 2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Will let you all know how my 'FILM' shot S8 negative looks when its back from processing.😎

The REEL IMAGE xmas Trl reel release has now been extended to no less than 3 colour trailers and so will make a really nice movie for your Christmas screenings. It is all happening now, good to go and I'm as excited as everyone else. Super 8 Christmas film shows at home are always special and the titles chosen by SO and LM with be a very good addition to your programme.

Keep well all and be sure to subscribe to Reel Image to support the S8 movement for all the latest news and offers.

Comment

Update.

All is progressing really well with this Reel Image release and the latest news is we are just weeks away now from seeing it become reality in colour and as with all RI releases top quality sound. In short IT WONT BE LONG my friends 😎 You can probably guess I'm very excited about having a brand new Christmas themed trailer reel in my own collection as well.
          I'm guessing the first negative run will be a REEL collectors item in the future.

Comment

I look forward to receiving a copy Count me in save one for me

Comment

Exciting news fellow film collectors! Reel Image now has the Christmas trailer reel on its sales sheets so delivery will be imminent ready to ship.
              On this wonderful seasonal trailer reel you will have a gorgeous DTS logo trailer, Muppet Christmas Carol trl, Ernest saves Christmas and Deck The Halls with the unique Fox xmas logo opener. Its a great reel and a first for Super 8 bolstering your Christmas shows. Its printed on new quality stock and will make a welcome addition to your shows. Enjoy!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	foxxy.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	14840

Comment

Hi lee.how much is this one.

Comment

Nigel. Contact Steve O at Reel Image for todays price as they are the distributor. Take care

Comment

Don't forget to get your orders in to be sure to have your new Christmas trailer reel ready for the Christmas shows and on your big Super 8 screens.
                    Available from REEL IMAGE 🤶

Comment

SteO has asked me to now post the artwork ready for your film boxes if you have ordered your own Super 8 reel. Worth noting this is titled number 1, so we may see another one yet! You just never know.....

The new seasonal release is also in Stereo sound. thereelimage_043@yahoo.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	Christmas Trailer reel 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	223.5 KB ID:	17170

Comment

Much excitement as these are now ready to ship so enjoy the show!

Comment

Bit of an update. Had a remote chat across the pond and Reel Image (SO) reports the first print run has sold out which from a popularity point of view is excellent news for this new release and really pleased collectors are supporting the efforts made by him.
                          One thing we can say is its been great your for those of us who buy the new releases and prints with more on the way to look forward to.

Enjoy the show.

Comment

Received my print from Steve this morning. So nice to be threading up a brand new super 8 print for the first time in over a decade!
                            First impressions are excellent print quality, with the Elmo f1.0 lens the screen image was sharp as a tack over the entire picture frame. Colors are perhaps a little muted compared with older Christmas releases, but this is probably just the difference in the look of modern natural color systems compared with the saturated colors favored in older films. Certainly no complaints or criticism here, just an observation. Picture steadiness was excellent and the film ran very smoothly through both the Elmo GS1200 and the Eumig S938 Stereo.
                            Stereo sound quality is good, although the sound of the DTS logo trailer seemed a bit 'peaky' at least on my equipment.
                            The subject trailers are all very good, my favourate being The Muppet Christmas Carol which had some snippets of the songs.
                            Packaging is non-existant, no box was included, at least not in my shipment. Steve includes a print out of the box cover shown on Lee's post in this thread, so I will download that and attach it to a generic white box.
                            All in all, a terrific little trailer compilation which runs for about 8 minutes., and a wonderful intro reel to any Christmas film program. Well done everybody involved in this super 8 film project.

Highly recommended.

Print A+
                            Stereo sound A
                            Packaging D

Comment

Just found out from Steve that the box art he provides with the film has a peel-off backing for self adhesion to a box. If you do need a box, presumably you can order one (at normal additional cost) at the time you order the film. Many collectors however may not need a box because this trailer reel is probably going to end up spliced ahead of a feature or digest reel.

Comment

You are the first Paul congratulations
                                Twas a team effort and eternal thanks to Steve for making it actually happen thanks to his dedication to film. My part was the easy bit.
                                This new collection on a single 200ft will bolster seasonal collections no end with most of the masters being brand new.
                                Those who ordered on the first run of the negative will have a rare print and anyone that didn't order who want it
                                Now is the time to get your order into reel image! It's quite a full reel as well so very good value reely.
                                Enjoy, peace on earth and good will to all...including Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                                X