No announcement yet.

Private amateur films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's something about Kodachrome that (until recently) couldn't really be replicated with digital scanning. However, lately I've been seeing some exceptional results on the internet. I am of the opinion that old Kodachrome really requires either a 4K or a 6.5K scan to capture everything that's on the film frame. Here's an example of some footage from the 70s that is well exposed, focussed, composed, etc. The scan was 4K, which reveals the beauty of the grain structure. Not all Super 8 footage was this good to begin with.

Sorry for the video in a new post. I'm learning the forum software one day at a time.

Comment

Comment

Why are private films interesting? This is part of history. Over the past time, the world around us has changed a lot. But an amateur film is also a private story of different people from the past, their individual lifestyle. Each film exists in only one, single copy!
        What surprises me the most is how do all these family films end up at auction?
        This is very strange... But thanks to this, some of these films are now in my collection))​

Comment

when people die their families can't absorb all the stuff that the deceased collected during their lifetime. It's just a matter of not having enough physical space.

Comment

Working...
          X