No announcement yet.

Earthquake / Close Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised to hear that CE3K is considered a lousy movie by some, but then, you'll hear some folks who think that some films that are total shyte, are beloved classics, like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. A waste of celluloid to me, but there's many who think that it's the bees knees. "the Bees", now there's a classic! (Snicker!)

Comment

Osi - If it was Mike's remark you are commenting on, I would re-read it. I think he was referring to E.T. as lousy, not CE3K. If this is so, I agree with him.

Mike - Can you confirm ?

Comment

I read Mike's comment as not liking ET. I don't care for it either. I always thought of it as a children's film. I don't think it is bad, it just does not fit with my tastes.

Comment

ET was something that I enjoyed once or twice, but it did get old pretty quick. Not so with CE3K, at least for myself, it is a rewarding experience in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post
            I read Mike's comment as not liking ET. I don't care for it either. I always thought of it as a children's film. I don't think it is bad, it just does not fit with my tastes.
            Actually it was Close Encounters I don’t like but agree with your ET comments. Spielberg sold out years ago for box office receipts.

Comment

I was speaking to "ET" today, he says he regards it a "family film" and not just for kids. Did anyone here go to the cinema when it came out?, we went twice, once with Yvonne mother she was in her 80s and she enjoyed it.

Regarding "Close Encounters" for me it was the ending that was a let down, when you think about it, he gave his wife and kids a hard time early on, for them to leave, only to bugger off into a space ship at the end without any thought to his family, sorry this is where the script fell down..

Now here is an idea about Close Encounters mmmmm all about a sequel,

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1310660.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	97006

Name:	P1310549.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	97007

Name:	P1310557.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	97008

Comment

I didn't think much of either film, but I expect that was due to over exposure to the plots from media and friends. However I did love the send up of him in Airplane II the Sequel, when he hangs up in disgust after beeing told how much the phone call home would cost from a pay phone!!!

Comment

Yes, I remember an interview with Spielberg commenting on his films, and he said laughing that he now thinks Roy Neary actually was a selfish so & so...

Anyone got that promo for sale?

Comment

Working...
                  X