Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sankyo Super 8mm Sound Projector speed issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	pots.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	98000Ok I had just found these and came back to post when Nantawat posted same!!! Ok these two round Pots (yellow) are right behind the connector that goes to the motor (green).

I couldn't see them earlier. I came back and used a flashlight in a dark room and with no glare . Are these the pots you can turn? They don't look like they do to me.

Could these somehow be behind the lower front panel with the knobs? I think there is a way to remove the knobs and then the panel. I'm just not sure what to find behind there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Philip Hamilton; March 17, 2024, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Bingo! Yes that seems very likely to be that 2 pots we're looking for.

But is it 100% certain? Still not quite...

If it's right in front of me I'd be able to trace the circuit, and give the definite answer. But since it's not you may need some assistance from someone with some basic electronic skill, or waiting for other member here with first hand experience with this projector to confirm this.

Comment

Yay! You guys have much better eyes than I do. Glad you found The pots Philip. No you just need to figure out which one is 18 and which one is 24 FPS.

Comment

Thanks to everyone! Mission Accomplished.

So after removing the screws for the guard that is in the way - it also supports the transformer - I could pull it back a bit and 'barely' get a screwdriver in there. Both of these POTS are seated all the way - left pot seated all the way counter clockwise till it's flush against the metal guard it touches. The right pot is tuned clockwise until it is seated. I suspect this is supposed to be the manufacturing way of ensuring you have it set to 18 and 24 fps before shipping to the customer.

However on this one they were seated/turned all the way - BUT - as you know the sound didn't quite sound right - No one wants a high pitched squeaky Boris Karloff??

So with the unit unplugged. I first tried the right POT. Turned it slighlyt counter clockwise just to back it off a bit. But that was the wrong pot. So then I did the same to the left POT which was more difficult to get to - and backed it off clockwise just a smidge.

NOW Boris Karloff SOUNDS like Boris Karloff or the Grinch. I also tested a Batman trailer and now Adam West SOUNDS like Adam West!!

Success. Why would they hide the pots in an almost impossible location inside? I realize in theory you should never have to adjust. I wonder if this projector always ran a few frames fast or if over time this happened?

Anyway THANKS TO ALL!!

Comment

Finall NAILED it. Congrats!🎉

Comment

Working...
            X