Curse of the Werewolf Hammer Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe,

I'm not familiar with the different endings. What were the differences?

Comment

I’m not sure if they’re only two or maybe three versions. the major difference is that in some versions he reverts to human form when he dies. And some versions the bullet hits are more bloody with fountains of blood coming out.There are two versions of the make up. hammer routinely produced versions of foreign markets which were more explicit and bloodier than the UK version. And while the domestic product was tamer it was still subject to censorship. So at least two versions UK and export each modified by censorship to some extent.

Comment

Very interesting insight Joe . I never knew about the foreign version of Oliver Reed reverting back to human form .
        My digest is the " TV " censored version ending .
        However , I have had MANY requests to put out a 30 minute digest , in color , uncensored and include the werewolf's origin AND full blood-splattering ending .
        How many of you would like that ??
        Click image for larger version

Name:	curse_of_the_werewolf_1961.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	25394

Comment

Hi David,
          In the days when British television didn’t show horror I had to lie about my age to get into Cinemas showing Hammer films. I saw COTW several times. Which was the UK version somewhat censored. In later years when they began to be shown on television it was strangely enough showing uncensored at least the first time I saw it. I had the job sometime later of checking 1 inch master which was being used for a French VHS release which had the continental version. I’m not a student of hammer has some here maybe so i’m not sure how much the differences were to do with the sensor or the actual different versions. But between the various. Times I’ve seen it, about 10 not including my 16 mil print i’ve seen all the variance mentioned previously. However I’m not clear what could be regarded as the definitive version.

Your release certainly seems worth having as would the other one you propose. Good luck with it if you can get it together

Comment

Me Too! I would prefer to order the color 30 minute digest. If not, I would settle for the B&W version if on B&W stock.

Comment

Not taking anything away from the superb 200ftr, but the new Scream Factory Blu-Ray is really quite astounding scanned in 4K and 10 times more immersive than the old Uni release. Disc is packed out with interesting extras including a radio spot with the Cat double bill which we get as a double trailer on Davids Super 8 release.
              The super 8 may not be in colour but has something in common with the new 4K BR, excellent blacks and shadow detail. I think that new Super 8 release is probably the sharpest and most detailed B&W film my Elmo has ever seen! My own copy is of course on order but my good lady got to see the one I projected and even she said that is very sharp and beautiful.

By the way they restored the cuts to the new BR.
              Last edited by Lee Mannering; January 10, 2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

A 30 minute digest in colour, its a no brainer David, absolutely behind that idea, and for me any of the Hammer films ..............

Comment

Thanks , Burton...it's coming soon....on black & white film stock .

Comment

What is the current pricing in US$ and ordering info for the 200ft B&W Sound digest of CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF?

Comment

PM sent to you with info

Comment

Why Black & White and not Colour?

Comment

Brad,

David has said that it was because of the 16mm source material available at the time.

Comment

Source materials can vary , as a combination of source materials can be used to create a digest ( or restore footage lost ) .
                            The new 600' color version is just that .
                            Production will begin approx. December of 2023 .
                            As with Jurassic Park , taken from a Fuji 35 mm color print and the film lab digitally cleaned it up to create the beautiful print that it is .
                            Remember that this process actually heightens the quality of the images !
                            Seeing , in the 21st Century , this is a wonderful tool to create films that possibly we would have never had available !

Comment

The Online Home of the World-Wide Super 8/16mm Film Maker/Collector Magazine! - The Reel Image (jimdofree.com)
                              Make sure to direct ALL inquiries to Steve at the above website .

Comment

Working...
                              X