This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracula 400ft

Just received this 400ft print from Dave and have to say what an amazing print it is.

Instead of starting the reel with quick edits of the titles like a lot of cut downs this print has the full title sequence including the close up of Dracula's coffin with the blood dripping down.

I won't go into too much detail of the contents of the edit as I don't want to spoil it for other forum members but what is here makes for a very satisfying watch.

The Colour and sharpness is fantastic and the sound is really good even though its mono.

Dave baker once again has to be commended for producing such an amazing new release.

I look forward to his 400ft print of the werewolf.

Last edited by Phillip Campey; March 02, 2022, 01:46 PM.

Thank you for your positive post on this. Very much looking forward to having this in my collection.

Comment

Look forward to mine arriving as well.
      I also have the stereo remaster sound track which is gorgeous

Comment

I only can say that the Dracula digest is pin sharp from edge to edge of the screen and the colour is fantastic, im really glad with my print.

Comment

Mine's on order! So jealous you guys have yours already.... arrghhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Looks like a good quality release of a classic Hammer. Keep flying the flag for super8.

Comment

Hello - after a 40 year hiatus from collecting super 8 movies I have gotten back in the game - around 7 weeks ago I saw a s8 sound 400' edition of A&C Meet Frankenstein (U8) on eBay and purchased it - I didn't even know this 400' sound reel even existed - I quickly bought a sound projector that is working just fine so far... Anyway I am trying to get up to speed about the current world of collecting - A copy of times I have seen New/Current producers of films alluded to but no info as to who, what or where the business's are. You make reference to what I am talking about in your post on a New 400' Dracula... Could you tell me who this company or person is so that I may check them out? I would greatly appreciate it! I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone because in the last 2 1/2 weeks I have sent out 3 emails and left some phone messages with 4 different companies and not one of them has responded to me yet... It,s all very frustrating! I have been able to make purchases from a gentleman in TX and, of course, eBay. Thanks for your response!
              ​​​​
              ​​​​​

Comment

Hi mark,I’m sure they will get back to you.

Comment

Message sent

Comment

Is this what you're looking for ?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	71896
                    Gotcha !

Name:	IMG_9554.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	71897

Comment

It is a beautiful thing and thank you the REEL monster man for making it happen.
                      It's fantastic!

Comment

I still have the complete feature released via Derann Film Services . Does anyone know how the print quality of this 400 footer compares to that release ? Those screen shots look excellent what was the source for this 400 foot edition ?

Comment

...David, I can't speak to the source format of all these new offerings on Super 8 but I have been told that some are from 4k digital, some 70 to 16mm film. As a buyer you have the right to ask!

Comment

I have this release too! The picture is amazing and so is the sound. Great edit!! And by the way what matter to me is how it looks It looks great. As long as it looks good and is sharp then I don't care what the source is - but that is me. And yes - buyers certainly have the right to ask.

Comment

YES it is digitally restored color . ANY NEW digests coming out from anyone will now be like this . Actual film prints are just too faded , scratched or spliced up to try to make a good negative from . Get used to it ; if people are " film only " , they need to get out of the hobby because going forward , that is all you will get in " NEW " releases .
                              The sound is on a single strip - mono​ , from Andec .
                              Also , going forward , direct ALL inquiries to : THE REEL IMAGE : The Online Home of the World-Wide Super 8/16mm Film Maker/Collector Magazine! - The Reel Image (jimdofree.com)
                              ALL inquiries and sales go through Steve Osbourne .
                              NEW

Name:	british_quad_dracula_has_risen_from_the_grave_BM01916_T.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	73944

Comment

Working...
                              X