No announcement yet.

Wolverine-Hawkeye for Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you have some equipment already you can try different things. For the reverse ring you generally want to go below 50mm to get more than 1X magnification. I used 17mm and get around 4X. Another issue that you will run into is the projector design that does not allow you to get close to the film. You might have to go without a camera lens and install a small condenser lens in combination with the projector lens. The disadvantage that now you you end up with custom optics which may not give you enough resolution over the entire frame and could get color aberrations. Check the link that I posted above.

Comment

The latest kit price is $150 plus shipping. The kit does not include the camera, the lens and the lens holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Jelavic View Post
        The latest kit price is $150 plus shipping. The kit does not include the camera, the lens and the lens holder.
        Stan Jelavic, this seems like a reasonable option to improved quality without moving up to a Retroscan. How close would you estimate the image quality between the two? I understand that the retroscan is faster, but I have lots of timeā€¦.

thanks!

Comment

Hi Jack,
          The Hawkeye system is quite a bit better than Wolverine.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yPM...usp=share_link
          I do not have any retroscan samples but will check.

Comment

Working...
          X