Workprinter XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workprinter XP

Hi, does anyone have a link or can provide me with the capture software for the Workprinter XP?

My hard drive died on my old machine so have had to build a new one.

I have both Windows and Mac machines so either would work.

kindest regards

Shane

Wasn’t the device made by MovieStuff? https://www.moviestuff.tv/support.html

Comment

I emailed them and have had no response. Been waiting a while.

Comment

Shane,

You may never get a response from Moviestuff.
        They have stated somewhere that they will not
        respond to inquiries on equipment that they
        no longer support. They don't have the time to
        say "sorry, can't help you".

The following info may help you & anyone else
        on this forum.......

The last version of CineCap 1.40 , the web site
        where one could download it (trial version) no
        longer exists. If you had purchased the activation
        code before, but lost your software (such as in your
        case) then one could have downloaded the trial again
        and applied the activation code to make it full version
        again.

BUT... the prior version of CineCap 1.36 does exist as of
        today at the following link. I clicked on the download link
        there and the Zip file appeared to download into my computer.

https://jeffdod.tripod.com/alternawa...le...Dodcap%20 1.36%20BETA%20(Windows%2098%20SE,%202000,%20and%20 XP)

The company that made CineCap (AlternaWare) no longer exists.
        Their domain is up for sale.

At the link above Jeff Dod's email address is listed.
        Whether it is active & he would reply, I have no idea.
        And if it is good, whether he would still sell any
        activation code for any of us that did download the
        trial versions but never got around to purchasing it.
        And now we're screwed (such as me) & also for those
        who have purchased any old Moviestuff projectors where
        the seller did not (would not include CineCap software
        with it with activation code) Again that's me again.
        Double screwed.

Comment

Let's try that link again.
          It got screwed up.
          The forum site split it after the 20 so you would have
          to stitch it together.
          But this shorter link takes you to the same place...

https://jeffdod.tripod.com/alternaware2/indexold.htm

Comment

Movie stuff doesn't sell the software. And it is no longer is available from the developer. Do you have a registration code? Even with the software you can't install it without the registration code.

Comment

This software seems to be released back in SD video era (and Windows XP ). Would it be possible to move forward and have today's camera system installed instead?

Comment

Nantawat Kittiwarakul the Cinecap software although not marketed to do so will capture in HD and I have it running on a Windows 10 PC.

Comment

I use it as well to capture HD video with my WorkPrinter XP. Works just fine in W10. I just bought a new PC which runs W11, haven´t installed any software yet, hope it works there as well.
                  I think the software included your information when you bought it from Alternaware, how else it recognizes only the email address you used when you purchased the software. I have used the software first in my Win XP, then W7 and finally W10 and I had to use that old email address every time I installed the software into a new computer. It did not work with the code only as today´s software does. I could send the 1.40 version, but you can not use it if you do not have the information to install the software.

Comment

Interesting to see some software having forward-compatible like this, whether this is intentional or not. However since there's ZERO support even from the original developer, it would be of no use to any new user then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nantawat Kittiwarakul View Post
                      Interesting to see some software having forward-compatible like this, whether this is intentional or not. However since there's ZERO support even from the original developer, it would be of no use to any new user then.
                      I think there are a lot of programmers who could easily modify and modernize that software for DIY people. Like real FHD, UHD and 4K. If I had any programming skills, I'd done it already years ago. Now I have to use old software or new ones which don´t do the right things and I have to use several software to have the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki Tikkanen View Post

I think there are a lot of programmers who could easily modify and modernize that software for DIY people. Like real FHD, UHD and 4K. If I had any programming skills, I'd done it already years ago. Now I have to use old software or new ones which don´t do the right things and I have to use several software to have the job done.
                        It's a mystery to me also Erkki that no one has tried to program updates to some of these necessary capture apps. I'm sure you are familiar with the Scenylizer program. That program was awesome and with a well designed interface. However it was never updated to capture in HD before its development was discontinued. .. very sad

Comment

I purchased my WorkPrinter XP in 2003 with a 110V motor and some wrong colour bulbs, Roger changed to a new motor and led lights after some months. I live in a PAL land with 240V electricity. I always used only the 1.36 and 1.40 versions of CineCap (DodCap earlier). Now I am searching for some programmers to update the software to the present-day video types, HD, FHD and UHD.

Comment

I am not a WorkPrinter user but do sw programming.
                            Watched this video to learn about the product.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2615MSLaI

The unit I assume is not shipped with the camera and the capture system? Just PC or Mac sw? So in order to upgrade, the hw that you have has to be HD capable. If so then I assume you would need the sw that takes the video stream and saves it as a sequence of images triggered by the unit mouse? If this is all correct then I think this is quite doable. I can give it a shot.

Comment

Stan Jelavic if anybody could do it ... it would be you. Hope you do give it a go. 🤗👍

Comment

Working...
                              X