Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films and Film Directors not in my collection . Part ( 1 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graham that was very interesting reading . Thanks for sharing those memories with us . Even though we are now way off topic . My late uncle who lived in St Alberta Canada had a couple of Massey Ferguson tractors although i can't say which models .

Comment

Well after watching "The Poseidon Adventure" tonight, I thought I would look through and do a count of the titles and the number of 35mm prints we received, screened, and dispatched from late 1999 until 2011 in our old book. I was surprised at the total of film prints for a three screen cinema during that time I was there, which came to seven hundred and twelve.

It was interesting to look back at some the titles of those 712 prints, from The 6th Sense, Angela's Ashes, Billy Elliot, Galaxy Quest, Gladiator, Shanghai Noon, did a private for the Chinese community one night, as Jackie Chan is really popular in China. Charlies Angles , the Bauer drive belt came of during a screening one night, fixed it quickly and away we went Billy Elliot was very popular, The Dish was a good one. Pearl Harbor that was a long boring film, did two interlocks with that print one night. Jurassic Park 3 that was a good one. Rat Race that was another good one, ET , Spiderman, About a Boy, did a lot of sold out private screenings with that one, good movie, Rabbit Proof Fence an Australian film based on a true story, Road To Perdition a Tom Hanks gangster film, used to turn the digital up at the moment when he gets shot just to see folk jump in there seats, Our city charity premiere of Whale Rider, Star Trek, The Italian Job that was a remake of the original, Matrex, Spy Kids in 3D, I never could be sure I had those 3D 35mm print exactly in focus, used to stand next to the projector with the 3D glasses, never could figure it out, if I got it right, Master Commander, Peter Pan the live action, The Last Samurai just watched it for the first time on blu-ray last week, enjoyed it, The Terminal another Tom Hanks film, it would be nice to find a 35mm print of that one these days Flight Of The Phoenix a brilliant remake, also on blu-ray, Xmas With The Cranks nice Christmas film. The Aviator I still have to watch it, got the blu-ray, Madagascar very popular school holiday films, World Fastest Indian excellent New Zealand film, huge hit at the cinema did a number of private screenings with that one, Peter Jackson King Kong long but well made, Letters From Iwo Jima took me months to get a print, but in the end was well worth it, Bridge To Terabithia really good film, mostly filmed in NZ, Atonement, ran that one for months, did well, The Water Horse another good one I later caught up with on blu-ray, Second Hand Wedding this was a good one made in NZ, another I kept in the schedule for months ,All the Narnia films Australia another 2nd release we did well with, The Boat That Rocked , we did a interlock of The Rocky Horror Show

Anyway I better stop strange I remember most of the films for one reason or another, that was a big plus being an independent cinema we picked out the films we wanted, everyone had input as to what we might get from the film list given to us from the distributors, problem was, with just three screens was fitting them in. Those three 35mm projectors did a incredible run, very seldom we had a problem, it really says a lot for 35mm .

I think I could ramble on for much longer, but better not . To sum up I cant think of any film that I really disliked, but thanks to Video Projection DVD and blu-ray I can at last catch up with at least some of them.

PS Can no one can guess what "Darwins Revenge" means in that film box on page one?
      Last edited by Graham Ritchie; May 10, 2024, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Graham, my guess would be one of the Planet of the Apes series?

I realize that I led the way...sorry that we have steered off from David's topic.

Comment

That's right Doug "Rise Of The Planet of the Apes", film distributors did this a lot, I remember when ET arrived the name on the box was "One More Time" . It was fun guessing now what's this one? when a film arrived.

Comment

Working...
          X