Question for Doug and Brad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Doug and Brad

Is it possible that we can have members locations restored? Personally I found this information very useful. Do others miss this information that we used to have on the 'old' forum.

Yes. I always found it helpful to know what part of the planet a particular opinion or view was coming from, especially if someone is selling something.

Comment

I miss that information as well.

Comment

I also like seeing where our members are living, however I have not seen that as a display choice in the software options. It can be seen in your User Profiles (If you've completed that entry), but not on these pages. I will check again.

Doug

Comment

It's something I absolutely wanted to have, but have been too bogged down to research how to add a location field. I recall there was someone here on the board who was very familiar with this forum's software, so maybe he will know and could drop me a line.

Comment

That would be Mathew James. I've sent him a PM asking him about this.

Doug

Comment

Ah, I thought member locations had to be dropped due to privacy policy. I've also always liked to get this information - especially on a forum where people from all over the world are discussing their hobby.

Comment

Nah, saying you live in Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX is in no way any sort of privacy violation. Nobody is posting their actual ADDRESS, just their rough location.

Comment

I'm quite happy for it to be known where I live, as can be seen on my User Profile. We have members from around the world, and it would be great to know where they all live.

Maurice

Comment

I agree. It’s good to at least have a general idea where someone is located. As Brad says, it’s not specific.

Comment

Working...
                    X