Gate cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gate cleaning

Wondered if there is a suction device for cleaning ,particularly gates, rollers sound heads? Often using soft brush or air can move the debris but not remove it, suction would solve this problem.
    Have a think!

I personnally use cotton buds with alcool.

Comment

I use an artist's brush. I find this is fine for getting at the front of the gate but not so much the back. I get ideas of building something with compressed air with a small tube with a hooked end to reach behind there, but that's a project for some other time. (I never run out of projects! This week: new brake pads on my wifes's car, all four wheels. )

Comment

John
        Here are the two best items for gate cleaning, also other parts of the projector.
        Gate Brush
        Blower Brush
        I use both of these.
        https://www.wittnercinetec.com/4041
        https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/b...CABEgKAZPD_BwE

Maurice

Comment

Thanks for all suggestions, all of which I use. I still think suction would be a more efficient and final solution .
          John

Comment

I use cotton buds and isopropyl alcohol for the entire film path,including gate and soundheads. It has always worked very well,and the alcohol soon evaporates.

Comment

Well that depends. Soft paintbrush/cotton buds would be ineffective in this case.
              (OK it's 35mm in this case, but you get the idea.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_212425.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	14527

Comment

John this is what I keep next to the projector at all times.

1: Elmo gate brush
                2: Make up duster brush. Very soft about 1" wide
                3: 400ml Air Duster aerosol CPC sell them
                4: Perhaps most important is a battery mini hand held vacuum cleaner. This can be set to suck or blow cost about £11

Air dusters are great but of course blow the dust all over the place.

ebay PORTABLE MINI VACUUM BLOWING CLEANER

Comment

Lee
                  Is this what you mean?
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Vacu...sAAOSwCQJfFVRL

Maurice

Comment

Thanks Lee, that’s exactly what I wanted, just ordered one, pointless blowing stuff back into the mech etc when it can be removed .
                    Cheers John

Comment

Hi chaps. Yes ideal for the smaller format machines. These started out more for computers than anything else but a handy little gadget

Comment

Yes maily for cleaning out the fluff and dust the gets in keyboards, t hat's why I bought one.

Comment

Cleaning the film path at the end of every show should mean there isnt too much dust to blow into the works. I usually take the back cover off every couple of months and gently use a blow brush to keep it all clean inside as well as all the usual places, especially the tops of all the small capcitors etc, dust holds heat.

Comment

I discovered a pastry brush does a very efficient job.

Comment

Working...
                            X