Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to New Zealand! Virus Free!

https://www.chch.com/new-zealand-is-virus-free/

It looks ugly in many places however. We have has a downtrend in Southern Ontario where i live, but it is still bad in several locations, and we are still wearing masks as well here! Continue to stay safe!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200810.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	14889
    Last edited by Mathew James; August 10, 2020, 07:08 AM.

Mathew

Glad to read you are having a downward trend where you live in Canada. As far as NZ is concerned, putting in place a complete lockdown early on has avoided a more widespread of the virus that was really on the cards to happen, Its all down to people everywhere doing the right thing before the virus can get a hold, If its allowed to spread its much harder to control, if at all possible.

The death toll worldwide is horrific and the long term health effects on many that have come out of hospitals does not look good. The fact that this virus can cause in many cases, extensive "blood clotting", makes it really dangerous, and nothing like the usual yearly flu as some seem to think it is.

I am sure everyone here feels very fortunate to be in this position, but are certainly not taking things for granted. My thoughts and I am sure many New Zealanders feel the same, that our thoughts are with the people of other countries, that at present dealing with it. I cant help but feel that this virus is going to be around for quite a while yet, hopefully a vaccine will be available to everyone worldwide by this time next year.

Watching that link Mathew they did mention about the tourist trade being in a bad way, however most New Zealanders are now enjoying what is in there own backyard instead of heading of to Australia etc for holidays.

Here is a link to a example of what is going on here in the South Island even though its winter at the moment.

Comment

Sadly England is much the other way.

Well over 2000 Deaths in July more than the whole EU put togther.

But the Gov are apparently doing very well and are very proud. Not being political there, thats what they said.

Its grim, really.

Best Mark.

Comment

Regretfully, Mathew,
        New Zealand has just announced some new cases of the Virus.
        https://time.com/5878299/new-zealand...uckland-cases/

Maurice

Comment

Hopefully, as it was found in one household only,it can be contained quickly.

Comment

4 People in one family, and the response has been amazing.

We need a Jacinda !!! too, and quickly.

Best Mark.

Comment

Unfortunately, us Americans are our own worst enemies. Lots of people acting irresponsibly. Fortunately, there tends to be a greater distance between individuals in my state. Most of our problems have been due to excessive protests.

Comment

[QUOTE=Osi Osgood;n14961....in my state....[/QUOTE]

Osi
                Going off topic slightly.
                Your "Location" has no entry for your town or state.

Maurice

Comment

My "state of confusion"!! HAH!

Comment

Osi

Where do you live?
                    Why are you not doing what most of us have done?

Maurice

Comment

I'm slightly confused, Maurice. Are you referring to my country of origin? It

Comment

I live in the United States. I would have assumed that this would be common knowledge.

Comment

Osi,

Maurice is referring to the "location" field that has recently been added to the postbit area underneath the total number of posts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen shot 2020-08-12 at 10.59.41 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	15030

We're hoping members will go to their profiles and fill in that information, similar to the way we had it on the old site.

Sorry to go off topic.

Doug

Comment

I am hoping we do not go into a lockdown again down here, my cinema business has been through the wars with poor patronage and a lack of new films to show, there is talk that we may go into lockdown next week again....we have been damned lucky so far and I hope the latest cases can be put into isolation asap. Patrick

Comment

Gosh Pat, I can only sympathize with people that have businesses in your position. Our thoughts are with you and fingers crossed that we get through this one quickly.

I'm interested in reading up on your cinema and what equipment you use these days and how you get your films? Can you show classics on Blu-ray or 4K Blu-ray for example or are you prohibited from doing that?

Comment

Working...
                              X