No announcement yet.

What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched this gem from Imprint bought new this week, what a stunning color transfer to blu-ray and who can forget those ants.

Highly recommend getting this one

Comment

• George Pal produced The Naked Jungle, and later used some of the footage in his production Atlantis The Lost Continent. I agree with Martin Scorcese who called Naked Jungle a "guilty pleasure":

In 1978, Martin Scorsese listed the film as among his "100 Random Pleasures" in a section of films which "are not good. They're guilty. But there are things in them that make you like them, that make them worthwhile.
      You can pair this one with another 50's jungle movie, Elephant Walk, and double your guilty pleasure!

Comment

• Returned to another screening of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" from 1973 two nights ago. I first watched it on its cinema release, how quickly time passes.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170014.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	99177

Name:	P1170027.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	99178

Name:	P1170023.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	99179

Comment

• This was tonight at the movies being Saturday night watching this stunning blu-ray transfer from Arrow, you can't get better than this.

Highly recommend you add this one to your shopping list.

Over the moon watching this movie projected using the Epson tonight, it looked great plus 5:1 sound

Comment

• We just bought the blu-ray release of the complete "Babylon 5", a TV series from the mid 1990's. Until now, we have only been able to see this on fairly worn DVD's, which a very marginal image quality. Now the whole 110 episodes have been restored from they're 35mm masters, and it's like night and day! The story arc was tremendous in this show, (especially compared to Star Trek in the 90's) and we've never tired of watching this, and now, we'll be able to see it better than ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
              We just bought the blu-ray release of the complete "Babylon 5", a TV series from the mid 1990's....
              Another Bluray set you might enjoy is The Expanse (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/). It takes about 2 episodes to grab your interest, and then you are addicted.

Comment

• The Doctor Who season 15 story "The Invasion of Time" an SD upscale also has updated special effects as an option. It looks much more like the picture quality I saw once on a broadcast monitor of a live camera feed than the DVD did. Good for a 44 year-old programme! Pity one camera had a slight fault which is more obvious on this.

Comment

• I’ve been rewatching through the old Friday the 13th movie series as of late for some fun popcorn fun since it’s warming up around here again! Last night was F13 - Part 2, which I think is Jason at his scariest with the sack on his head.

Name:	IMG_1759.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	99407

Comment

• Just started watching the first episode of “The River Kings” This was an Australian serial which was also broadcast on U K tv some years ago. Recently managed to find a dvd of it on Amazon. One of my cousins emigrated to Australia and lived at Waikerie on the Murray River, and her son had a small part in it as An “extra” playing football on the bank by the river boat with some other boys.

Comment

• Lincoln, didn't the first Friday the 13th, star a young Kevin Bacon as one of the horny teens, soon to be slashed?

Comment

• It sure did! He spent most of it in a Speedo! haha.

Comment

• I always liked the first one best, as it was basically an unexpected psycho mommy going, well, psycho, and it did have that wonderful moment when Jason jumps out of the water to attack the nice innocent lass that has escaped the wrath if Jason. The rest? Let's see how many ways Jason can slice and dice his victims ?!

Comment

• Buster Keaton "Sherlock Jnr" Eirika, Masters of Cinema restored version from the three film set (Sherlock, Steamboat Bill Jnr and The General) that I bought S/H for £15 on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                              Buster Keaton "Sherlock Jnr" Eirika, Masters of Cinema restored version from the three film set (Sherlock, Steamboat Bill Jnr and The General) that I bought S/H for £15 on Friday.
                              Great find Brian. I looked up the set and it has been discontinued (not just "out of stock"). Steamboat Bill is not very good overall, but the last 15 minutes has the classic stunts by Keaton as the town is blown apart by the storm. These stunts will never be filmed again in this age of CGI. As I recall, this was his last film before he went to MGM, where he was unable to re-create the magic of those older films.

Comment

• Indeed, there are some documentaries about him including one about his career that includes the story of that move. I feel it was a very good purchase.

Comment

Working...
                                X