No announcement yet.

eBay buyer claims lens has fungus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's brilliant Shane, I'm surprised it went your way to be honest knowing the normal ebay tactics but am very pleased it did, great result, Mark

Comment

To Shane - RESULT ! Well done !

To the Peasant - Ha !Ha ! Bloody Ha !

To the rest of you - Power to the Forum !!!

Comment

Well done Shane. This reminds me to take serial numbers and maybe photo's to, hopefully, deal with any similar situations.

Comment

It proves that persistence does pay off. A lesson for other eBay sellers who meet a similar situation with an awkward buyer.

Maurice

Comment

A little off topic but this is one of the reasons I like buying off real people instead of a remote digital network. My greatest joy is telephoning a collector and especially Independent 8, having a good chat over the phone then asking if a film is still available to buy. At least its a human experience and you can ask or answer as many things about a item you may be interested in or selling to help someone else.
            Barry was a great help to me this year with one particular short sending me a few copies to choose from and you wont get that service with fleabay.

Take care all.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words! The buyer still needs to call customer service to stop this hold but we are almost there. The clock has run out as they say! It's a big lesson learned, and as Dave pointed out, get those serial numbers! It's something I never thought about to be honest with you. In this case the item will not be coming back nor will there be a refund. Honestly I'm just glad it's over! I felt like a detective at times but it paid off!

Comment

It's official, eBay has closed the case in my favor! As I mentioned earlier, either the buyer got scared, or just decided he didn't have a case. I will never know for sure, but it's comforting that this case went in the right direction.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 9.13.14 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	22890
                Attached Files

Comment

Now you can relax-at last. Good for you.

Comment

Excellent news.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                    X