Christmas Day release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Day release

Merry Christmas, everyone. Enjoy my new short comedy film, shot on 35mm!

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke9MJe0s9YQ

Most definitely apropo for our current conditions. Thanks for posting. I think we can all use a hug these days! Merry Christmas, dude!

Comment

Daniel,

Your film looks great and is very enjoyable. Nice job!

Comment

Thank you, Osi and Doug.

Comment

That was brilliant I like the cleaning of the end of the tape measure very clever short film.

Comment

Tidy

Comment

My fellow Summit-er...nice job, Shorty

Comment

So simple..... its brilliant !

This film demonstrates so many things to us.

1) Very topical subjects can be filmed and released in a very short time..... and still be topical!

2) An excellent film can be made with running times of less than 90 seconds. (or in the case of TV adverts.... sometimes less than 30 seconds!)

3) Shows what can be achieved with a bit of imagination.

4) Ditto ..................................with simple, easily accessible locations.

5) Ditto...................................with just two people.

6) Ditto...................................with not too much action but with carefully composed shots

7) Ditto...................................with a simple, straight forward script.

8) Ditto...................................on a shoe string budget (I assume)

9) Ditto...................................with 35mm!

10 Ditto.................................. with, I assume, just a couple of hours filming.

We can all learn a lot with this film. Well done Daniel, Catherine and the team! Good luck in the competition and let us all know how you got on.

Comment

Melvin, I really appreciate that encouragement. The original purpose of this film was a 35mm workshop I signed up for and I had no idea what scene to write at first. The shoot took only an hour and was so painless, I was relieved. The film festival is over, but there will be more in a few months.

Comment

You're welcome, Daniel. I would urge you to get the film entered into as many festivals as you can in the coming months. One word I used to describe your film was "topical." Another I could and should have used was "relevant." Exploit it before it becomes yesterday's news.

Comment

Very entertaining - thanks for posting; it's good to have the director/writer/star and composer drawing our attention to this! I wondered where the location is? I'm guessing the use of 35mm for a film of this length may not have made the budget vastly more than it would cost to make it on Super 8 nowadays!

Comment

Hi Adrian, it was shot in downtown Brooklyn, NY. I'm still not familiar with the cost of 35mm stocks and lab fees because for me, it was all included in a workshop. But, I think the cost would be more than 3x the cost of Super 8, no matter the amount of footage.

Comment

Working...
                        X