Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What LASERDISC did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My laserdisc dubbing area.

Ability to dub a computer made trailer disc before a full length film while eliminating the dreaded side breaks at the same time 👍
    Attached Files

Comment

I wonder how many super 8 and 16mm collectors also collected laserdisc? I foolishly traded in my original super 8 collection when I switched to laserdisc, (and a few of those super 8 optical sound features I have never found elsewhere), and while I am very happy to have my super 8 collection going strong, it's kind of fun going thru these old dusty laserdiscs again!

Comment

Me and also got my late father into it both having Pioneer players such amazing times were had.

My fave discs were the Showboat film collection and last night we watched the new Warner Archive BR in Stereo. Nice to finally see and hear that gorgeous film. Other than the tv viewings of old the LD was very nice and a film that always leave me in tears at the end. Ava was amazing in it..

Other highlights on LD were the Terminator collections, Universal Horrors amongst many. Box art was astronomically good of course drooling over them at the Virgin mega store.

We also had a massive importer in Yorkshire UK where you could loose a day easily also selling quat posters. Amazing memories reely.

Comment

I did not try laserdisc myself, but I believe it started the trend for "extras" which moved on to DVD and Blu Ray, so we have a lot to thank it for.

Comment

That's quite true. Since the laserdisc had both digital and analogue soundtracks, it allowed for commentaries or music only tracks and it just moved onto more and more features. I still have my enomous Star Wars original trilogy, (all three features are in CAV), and that actually has some extras that I have never seen elsewhere!

Comment

I had a huge collection of Laserdiscs and loved the system. Only sold the whole lot last year as we were moving to a new location and we couldn't keep everything.

Comment

Last night it was another HAMMER double feature !
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7717.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	28923
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7719.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	28925
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7718.JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	28924

Comment

Another HAMMER FILMS gem .....

Name:	IMG_7713.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	29173

Name:	IMG_7714.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	29174