Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Well if you're going to bring that to the hotel then you might want to bring nitrate while you're at it. It's cheaper then a dayrate! ðŸ‘đðŸĪŠ

Baaah doomp!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Brian,

Good point! I was going to bring to CineSea a small roll of IMAX film to demonstrate, but left that on the shelf...

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Yes , right on !
    Last edited by David Baker; April 30, 2021, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Fretwell
    replied
    I assume from the frame size you mean 26 frames of IMAX 15x70mm film. Normal 5 perf 70mm frames would be far too near.

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Thanks Doug. That helps ALOT!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    David,

3-D movies by the pool....that sounds amazing!

Chip,

Since the FFCC is happening in August, you have 4 months where it looks like things are going in the right direction. In the summer of 2020 we went back and forth about whether we could/should hold a show considering everything that was taking place. By keeping in touch with the CineSea group, we figured that less than half of the people from the previous year would attend CineSea 21. That was a figure we could work with. Our attendance for the recent CineSea 22 was up from that, but still within reason.

We took basic common sense precautions. Masks had to be worn, windows would stay open, no open containers of food, no bags of unwrapped snacks or large bottle beverages requiring cups would be allowed. Snacks & beverages were kindly brought in, but these were all single serving individual bags and bottles. Tables and chairs were cleaned with disinfecting wipes. Masks and hand sanitizer were made readily available. Dealer tables were spread out and later moved to make a larger area for distanced seating for screenings. I have to say everyone who came was incredibly cooperative. It worked out very nicely, as I'm sure the first FFCC will!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 11.31.32 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	33342

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    I've had a couple of inquiries from interested parties as to what are some of the " special " events just for Hotel guests .
    Saturday , August 21 will be LOADED with VIP Guest events !

1) - As a hotel guest , you receive the FREE hot breakfast each morning , but on Saturday the 21st , you will be able to have your breakfast AND watch CARTOONS and COMEDIES from 8AM - 10AM !

2) - Saturday evening at Poolside watch MONSTER MOVIES in 3-D !!

3) - OR if that's not your bag , watch select 35MM shorts and features in the conference room !

Also , for the first time anywhere - LIVE ! RED PRINT THEATER !
    Yes that's right , EACH AFTERNOON we will screen a faded , " red " print , just like the ones I write about here on the 8mm Forum !

Don't forget - this convention is a celebration of FILM , the good , the bad and the ugly !!

HURRY - Book your room NOW - only 16 weeks until the Convention ! ( one-fourth of the held rooms have now been booked )

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    To: All Who Are Interested
    Subj: Nametags Are Coming
    Date: April 28, 2021

Pleased to report the FFCC 2021 organization team will be receiving a donation of name tags for those who wish to have one. You can ask for one as you arrive the hotel, probably in the conference room. More information will become available as the time draws near.

Click image for larger version

Name:	laurel & hardy.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	33181

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Thank you Humberto and Welcome to the Forum !
    I sent you an email with all the info you requested .

Looking forward to meeting you and any other questions , feel free to ask .

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Greg Perry has explained this event exactly how I feel as David has pointed out I was at Cinesea in October 2019 and I asked for a show of hands if people would be interested in attending a Florida event this will be the first one and we do face some challenges during the pandemic but Cinesea has seem to handle that just fine especially recently perhaps Doug Meltzer Could comment on it as well to shed some light

(Doug - I am referring to any issues regarding masks, social distancing, and so on. Thanks.)
    Last edited by Chip Gelmini; April 28, 2021, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Perry
    replied
    Humberto,

I am guessing the Florida Film Collector's Convention will be at least somewhat similar to the "CineSea" conventions. I think it will be friendly and informal--like CineSea (I have been to CineSea but only once so far). I expect it will be a great place to meet others to talk about films, projectors, collections and of course to watch Super 8, 16mm and 35mm films too! Since this is the first event, it remains to be seen how much film buying and selling will occur, but I am sure there will be that too. And, of course, your wife would be most welcome there as well.

I should clarify that I am not involved in the organization of the Florida event in any way, and I hope the thoughts I have shared here can be "seconded" by Dave Baker and his team. I will be attending though and am looking forward to meeting you and many others.

Leave a comment:

• Humberto Martinez
    replied
    Looking forward to attending and meeting my fellow collectors. This will be my first collectors convention. I would appreciate some guidance and words of advise. I will be attending with my wife who has put up with over 40 years of my film collecting.

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Nametags sre being considered at this time a final decision will be made soon.......

Leave a comment:

• David Baker
    replied
    Just a little side note on one of the featured guests - GEOFFREY CURTIS - Alias " Jeffrey C " on www.handzonradio.fm every Tuesday night from 8pm - 10pm . Tune in , he's awesome ! Been a D.J. there since April 2004 - 17 years this month !

Leave a comment:

• Chip Gelmini
    replied
    Thanks very much for the support Doug!

Chip G

Leave a comment:

Working...
X