No announcement yet.

What TV Shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern TV is certainly unwatchable in the main, in my opinion. It's all reality shows and 'celebs' on panel shows, with the same faces doing the rounds of all the shows. Most of them claim to be comedians but who on earth are these people and where have they performed? I've never heard of most of them until they get on the panel show circuit. There's a lot of 'preaching' in their 'comedy' too.

As for adverts, I hardly ever watch 'live' TV now, preferring to record everything (unless it's streaming) and then skip through the ads when I play it back.

Like Brian, I've been enjoying the 'Look at Life' shorts on Talking Pictures TV. I also record 'Scotland Yard', 'No Hiding Place', 'Gideon's Way' and 'Edgar Wallace' from that channel to enjoy when I feel like escaping into a different era of TV.

I think one look at my DVD box sets would tell you the kind of TV I enjoy. They include: All five seasons of 'The Twilight Zone' (original series), both seasons of 'The Outer Limits', the Emma Peel series' of 'The Avengers', 'The Prisoner', 'Catweazle', 'Worzel Gummidge', 'Sapphire and Steel', all three seasons of 'Star Trek' (original series), complete 'Batman' series (1966), 'Cheers' season one and two, 'Hancock's Half Hour' complete, 'Bilko' season one, 'Alias Smith and Jones' season one to name but a few.

Comment

Gosh, I pretty much agree with all of that, Chip. Now, I know that being "PC" has long been a part of network TV for years, but these days, it is nearly impossible to watch anything without a politically correct message or pushing on you the "agenda or gender of the day". The thing that gets me is often whatever the producers are pushing, has nothing to do with the plotlines of the show, and just is in your face and personally turns me off. If a shows plotline actually has to do with whatever the cause of the day is, fine. It's like what is happening with Hollywood, where, in order to even be considered for Oscars, you have to have such and such people or write in a character that has the "agenda of the day" as they're reason for existence.

Comment

My continued rewatch of THE X-FILES has been very entertaining so far! It’s been a long time, so I’ve forgotten a lot of the plot points and MOW episodes.

As for other shows, I’ve been enjoying Mad Men quite a bit. I don’t know how accurate it is to the 60’s as a whole, but it’s been a fun time.

Comment

Right now I'm waiting for the Olympic Opening and filling time watching a bout for the NZ Cruiser Weight title being held at a crowded Sky City theatre downtown Auckland.

Comment

Working...
          X