Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida film collector convention - UPDATE - EVENT CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 VARIANT

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida film collector convention - UPDATE - EVENT CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 VARIANT

I regret to inform all of you that the planned 3-Day film collector event is being canceled due to the high rise in Covid-19 Variant infections in the state of Florida .
    I feel it would not be a safe environment for a crowded event that is open and free to the public . Also social distancing could not be done in an appropriate manner . Also this could involve lock-downs and quarantining .

If you have made a room reservation , please cancel it asap , but I will be in contact with the hotel and ask them to assist in that .
    Should anyone have additional questions , please email me at : monsterman1954@aol.com

With regrets ,
    Dave Baker

David,

I'm so sorry that you have to cancel the event. Florida has been in the news lately because of the rise in positivity rates, with reports saying that 20% of new COVID-19 cases in the US are occurring there. I know you and Chip must be so disappointed, along with those that planned on attending. I know all your hard work and preparation will be put to good use when we get past this.

Comment

We are doing what we feel is right and as long as your event is in October I am planning to be there

Comment

A great shame and thinking of you all God bless.

Comment

As Lee says a great shame, but better than any of you or attendees catching this virus.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Sadly, the covid situation in Europe is not good, neither.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, I know your dream was to have a convention in Florida. It's just a minor setback next time you will not be denied

Comment

Sad news but Im guessing most events in the UK will also be cancelled nearer the time .

Comment

Chip and David, I am so sorry to read of the cancellation, I was so looking forward to this event. But you have made the right decision. I hope you will not be too discouraged and will plan to reschedule when the COVID situation is again under control. What you have planned looks absolutely a wonderful convention which will almost certainly be a resounding success - something for us all to look forward to every year.

Comment

David, even though i would not have been attending myself for obvious reasons, i am sorry to see you have to cancel this event, it must be infuriating for you.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that the event has been cancelled.

Comment

For those local in Florida I am planning a movie day at my house on Saturday, August 21 it will include pizza as well as popcorn if you would like to attend please let me know more details to follow in coming days. Please be aware that I am limited to five guests so first come first serve

Comment

That's the spirit, Chip!

Comment

Hey Doug you have no idea how good I feel after reading your comment above so I guess that only means one thing I might have to schedule Logan's run since I bought it from you at Cinesea 2019........

Comment

Very sorry to hear the event is cancelled, numbers are rising everywhere, I think we're all going to have live with it for some time so probably a wise decision ,such a shame though, Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X