A big thank you to Alberto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thank you to Alberto

Thank you Alberto for the FANTASTIC work you did on my print of HORROR OF DRACULA . You did an outstanding job , due to the splices in the print and the soundtrack is just remarkable . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND your services TO ALL film collectors in this hobby !
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HorrorofDracula_Variant_Lg_1024x.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.8 KB ID:	42241

Could you put up some screenshots from the print? I ask as I FINALLY sent my Grizzly Adams off to him just yesterday, and with the good color levels, (with the annoying red shade over it all), on the print, I am really looking forward to seeing how it will look!

Comment

What does Alberto do? Please explain. Thanks

Comment

Mark,

A number of things! Take a look.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...movie-magnetic

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...re-for-redness

Comment

Osi , go here to see exactly what I was referring to : http://www.facebook.com/alberto.vang...03270827093269

Comment

Unfortunately that link only shows

"This Content Isn't Available Right Now
            When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."

For me, I hope Osi can see it.

Comment

Alberto’s Facebook link is set up for Facebook members only. Not everyone is a member of Facebook. Since the link requires Facebook login, something that for me will never happen, I could not care less what Alberto does or does not do.

I don’t mean this post to sound as hostile as it reads, but I find it offensive when people assume everyone is on Facebook. While there is nothing in my life that is secret, my life is private. My friends and family know where to find me, and I know where to find them.

Comment

I do not assume everyone is on Facebook . This is the only link to the subject matter . If you do not care about what Alberto does or doesn't do , why did you go there ? And I don't care who does or doesn't have Facebook .
                Go troll somewhere else .

Comment

My old facebook page doesn't work anymore. One of these days, I'll get a new one. At any rate, i was just curious, Dave. I'm sure that Grizzly will look pretty darned good when Alberto treats it, and I'll put up a screenshot or two when I get it back.

... and if Dave doesn't want to put up screenshots directly up here, then that is his choice and I personally think he doesn't deserve grief for it.

Comment

Osi , and anyone else interested , It was about the Black & White , complete feature , with Belgium subtitles I obtained and he sound striped and recorded the English soundtrack perfectly . Alberto had a short film of a portion of it running on his sound projector that showed what he had done .

Comment

Originally posted by David Baker View Post
                      with Belgium subtitles
                      I don't know what that means, exactly Belgium has two main official languages : French and Dutch. Films are usually shown in the cinemas with the original sound (often in English) and subtitles in French and Dutch. There is a third official language : German but only about 70.000 people speak it (along the border with Germany) so you don't hear or read German outside the German-speaking area. So, Dave's copy may have subtitles in Dutch or in Dutch and French

Comment

I suppose it's Dutch . Here's a pic , it has the subtitles on it -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horror1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	42316

Comment

Originally posted by David Baker View Post
                          I suppose it's Dutch . Here's a pic , it has the subtitles on it
                          Yes, Dave, it's Dutch

Comment

Ha ha! For some really odd reason, it reminds me of the subtitles in the film credits for " Monty Python and the Holy Grain". " My friend was bit by a Moose"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Dvoskin View Post
                              Alberto’s Facebook link is set up for Facebook members only. Not everyone is a member of Facebook. Since the link requires Facebook login, something that for me will never happen, I could not care less what Alberto does or does not do.

I don’t mean this post to sound as hostile as it reads, but I find it offensive when people assume everyone is on Facebook. While there is nothing in my life that is secret, my life is private. My friends and family know where to find me, and I know where to find them.
                              I am a Facebbok member and logged on. That message also often turns up in messages shared from groups that you are not members of.

Comment

Working...
                              X