Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Kirk In Space.

When fiction becomes reality...

William Shatner: Star Trek's Captain Kirk on venturing into space with Blue Origin | Science & Tech News | Sky News

Our Bill is home safe. Not abducted by aliens 👽 like Galaxy Quest.

Comment

Who better than Captain Kirk going where no 90-year-old has gone before!

Comment

An amazing guy, he was totally blown away by the experience of it, remarking that the earth looked like paradise and space looked like death. How true.

Comment

I thought one of the people with him on the BBC coverage looked remarkably like Jean Luc Picard his successor on the Enterprise.

Comment

Brian
            Are you referring to Jeff Bezos, the boss of Amazon?
            William Shatner thanks Jeff Bezos for ‘profound experience' after being launched into space | Lifestyle | Independent TV

Comment

Watched it from el sick bed. Really enjoyed the view and to see the launch rocket land back on the earth square was something to see. Always been a follower of Space travel enjoying this 10 minute adventure but we have the flip side with many commentators saying other things are more important. The thing is who decides what is more important?

Away from the politics it was a fascinating watch and Will was clearly deeply moved by the experience as the visitors seemed more interested in the Champagne. A 90 year old in space how wonderful whoever it was and well done Will quite a guy.
              I couldn't help but think of the other Star Trek crew who are no longer with us and what they would be thinking right now...

All live long and prosper.. Cough cough.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
                Yes that was him. I nearly named him but had doubts after not seeing him when they showed it again.

Comment

Hi all,

yes its amazing - 90 years old and a hairpiece a little younger...they both, Bill and the wig!).. got back safely! lol!

He really is a legendary character and his autobiographical audio books are superb if anyone has a chance to listen!

Mark

Comment

Why am I starting to feel old? He is doing quite well for 90! Clint Eastwood is over 90 too! Egad!

Comment

I agree with Lee regarding the flip side of all this. These joy rides into space are doing nothing to combat the huge problems of climate change and the wastage of natural resources. Ken Finch.

Comment

The idea given was that the people who could afford the trips were those who could affect changes and seeing the earth from space might inspire them to do something to save the biosphere we live in.

Comment

You don't have to go into space to be inspired to make changes. I would have thought that the evidence is now plain to see for everyone. Ken Finch.

Comment

If it wasn’t for space travel all the technology we take for granted would not exist. I think mankind has already been on another planet mucked it up and moved here.

Global warming climate change yes it’s happening but it’s a natural phenomenon based in relation to the sun not manmade, Wouldn’t do us any harm to clean up pollution and stop dumping rubbish into the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Finch View Post
                              You don't have to go into space to be inspired to make changes. I would have thought that the evidence is now plain to see for everyone. Ken Finch.
                              The idea was that they would see the true beauty of the Earth and what they were messing up not the evidence of the changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X