Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wishes for 2022 and how old will we be ...ages of collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janice I'm only three months younger than you! My first film was the 8mm silent "complete" edition of the Castle Film 'Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein' as a Christmas gift when I was in eighth grade.

Comment

65 a few weeks ago, with 34 years of film collecting behind me.

Comment

86 and feeling it! Still run a Pathescope Baby and a Pathescope Princess!

Comment

Janice and Maurice - you are both truly inspirational! 🙂

Mark - (without using Google) I know it's Pilot - a Scottish band still touring up until a few years ago. I'm guessing on 1974 and No.3 in the charts in February of that year 🤔

Comment

Hi all,

I’ve had one or two responses to the “ January “ competition.

I’m surprised no-one got it fully right.

Ali, you were close.

”Pilot” we’re a great Scottish band…. The song January….well here’s the position..”January" is a pop rock song recorded by Scottish rock band Pilot. Written by David Paton and produced by Alan Parsons, "January" was the sole number-one single in the UK for Pilot,[2] coincidentally going to the top of the charts on 26 January 1975. It stayed at number one for three weeks.

incidentally, it also went to number 1 in Australia.

There were some great groups often described as “ one hit wonders” during the 70’s.

Im looking forward to January the 8th as I’m doing some live gigs that day and it’ll be the first time for 2 years. Just been in the process of recording material by the Travelling Wilburys.

Handle with Care.

I also record guitar music by Shadows.

Ive got some nice little 8 mm bits and pieces I’ll put up over time as little giveaway items as I would prefer fellow collectors to enjoy them rather than mevstow 5hem away.

haveva great 2022.

😊🎸🎤

Mark

Comment

I disclosed my age recently as part of another topic but for the record I will be 88 in 5 months time if all goes well. I wonder if this makes me the oldest!! I shot my first cine film at the age of 14 using a 9.5mm Coronet which cost me £5. It was purchased from my earnings doing a paper round and helping the milkman on his rounds at week ends. Best wishes for the new year to all members. Ken Finch

Comment

Working...
              X