Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinesun event planning 2022 - formerly know as ffcc.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popcorn: with HOT buttah. (as indicated by Phil - I will only do this ONE time.) Intended for laughs please....

Comment

The problem with bumping is that it tends to "pollute" a post to the point that it will be ignored. Unfortunately the easiest way to ignore updates to a post that is being bumped is the put the author of the post on your personal ignore list. Bumping then becomes counter-productive. On some forums bumping is considered spam and the bumper gets bumped - off the forum.

Spam is an action used in Gaia Forums. Spamming is defined as creating excessive multiple postings with the same message being repeated ad nauseam.

Spam is a catchall term for unsolicited advertising, bumping, or any posts or PMs that do not contribute anything, but rather prevent communication and/or slow down Gaia's servers with pointless chain letters.
      Source: https://gaia.fandom.com/wiki/Spam

Comment

Thanks Ed

so there you have it from now on only relevant information to the cause will be written. At my request no more bumping for the purposes of putting this on top.

Doug I trust you will be OK with this going forward.

Thank you all for your continued support and patience.

CG

Comment

Chip,

That makes sense.

Phil,

You criticized Osi's post and he responded in kind. It works both ways.

Comment

I was pointing out the obvious. Actually, it was pretty funny when I was writing it. But let's get back to the obvious ... this is about getting this convention off the ground. Posts degrading Chip's motivations behind asking for help, do not help, as well as assuming the opinion of others reactions to Chip's desire for help, which neither you or I can know. If what you stated are your own thoughts, then that's OK, but no one can know another persons actual thought just as I cannot possibly know your thoughts. No hard feelings, of course. Sooooo, have you had any good feedback as of yet, Chip?

Comment

Not just yet only what you see HERE. Taking into consideration everything of which is upon us currently I am fine. Just trying to start now to hopefully have a gathering in August.

Comment

Ossie I have not degraded Chips motivations behind asking for help at all, there is no need to twist what was said in an attempt to win an argument. I stated which is true that it is very hard to get people to help rather than list reasons why they can’t help. Look within yourself to find fault don’t try and pass it on to others. Arguing with you is a waste of time you just need to have the last word even at the expense of changing what I said. Pathetic.

Anyway best wishes Chip with your endeavours and I hope you achieve your goal.

Comment

Thank you Phil....It's all good

Comment

Let's please keep all replies on topic going forward.

Comment

Doug, quite right, we should drop the disagreement and move on. Best wishes to all forum members.

Comment

BUMP!!!! Do you have the figures on the rooms and such at your convention center of choice? I'll have to look back at page 1, but I don't remember if the convention is in a hotel or not.

Comment

Well let's see how it goes in a few weeks and maybe I can provide that information

Comment

David Baker are you involved in Cinesun? what was it like last year trying to put on a show and having to cancel due to covid? All that time and work put on and nothing to show for it. Must have been a nightmare Sorry
                            Last edited by Brian Stearns; January 17, 2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

OK Brian, PM sent.

Comment

Oh, man Dave I didn't realize the hell you went thru with the show and ending up canceling. Having to just be the driving force to get it off the ground. People don't realize there is alot of aspects you had to accomplish.Times spent of Planning,,obtaining av equipment for show,advertising costs, choosing the right place to hold the show,getting dedicated volunteers,upfront out of pocket expenses, administrative duties like generating a mailing list,flyers and getting word out on social media, obtaining building materials for the outdoor screening. Mad props to Dave for his hard work and attempting to get a show in FL.
                                Last edited by Brian Stearns; January 17, 2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X